MV Agusta Forum banner

Roadracing World - MV Agusta

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  haupti 
#1 · (Edited)
September 2011 issue of Roadracing World & Motorcyle Technology magazine and a good article about MV Agusta reads as follows...

MV Agusta has not released any details of nor specifications for its new, 2012-model middleweight sportbike, the F3 Triple, but the company has announced that it will have a suggested retail price of 11,990 Euros, or just under $17,000 at mid-July exchange rates. But before those units are delivered later this year, the Italian company plans to produce a limited run of special F3s. The Serie Oro F3 will be immediately identifiable with a glod-colored frame, swingarm and forged aluminim wheels; a special red and silver paint job on the bodywork; a gold finish on the air intake screens; a gold-colored D.I.D. chain; a polished clutch cover and frame plates; a billet alternator cover; seats covered with hand-stitched leather and alcantara; and a numbered gold plaque on the upper triple clamp signifying the machine as a Serie Ora. Many upgraded mechanical parts are also exclusive to the Serie Oro version, including Brembo Monoblock foru-piston radial front calipers and Brembo racing front brake rotors; Ohlins forks and TTX shock; an Ohlins steering damper; and adjustable billet aluminum foot controls. The Serie Ora also comes with a generous amount of carbon-fiber accessories, including front and rear fenders, dashboard cover, airbox side and intake covers, fairing inserts, upper and lower chain guards, swingarm protector cover, countershaft sprocket cover, fairing lower and stacked exhaust outlets.

MV Agusta has signed a letter of intent naming Lifan Industry Co, Ltd., as the official distributer for the brand in China. Distribution is expected to begin by the end of the year, and MV Agusta hopes to have a dealer network established in all the "principal Chinese cities" by the end of 2013. "Distributing the MV models through a prestigious society like Lifan ensures that we will enter into this very important market with a very strong commercial partner at our side, respecting the Chinese culture, mentality and laws," Umberto Uccelli, Commercial Director of MV Agusta, was quoted as saying in a press release issued by MV Agusta.

See less See more
#2 ·
I read that article as well (i love that magazine by the way!) Thanks for typing the entire thing for everyone else. I am hoping these are signs of progress.

#3 ·
The paint is certainly "richer" than the standard red, but i really like the fact it is so different from the other colors they use. I will say this, if i had 25K right now, or wasn't trying to move, i would get in line for an Oro b/c i think it is the best looking bike MV has produced since the orignal F4 in 1997!

#6 ·
Hi All,

In the September 2011 issue of Roadracing World & Motorcyle Technology magazine, found a good article about MV Agusta. It reads as follows...

MV Agusta has not released any details of nor specifications for its new, 2012-model middleweight sportbike, the F3 Triple, but the company has announced that it will have a suggested retail price of 11,990 Euros, or just under $17,000 at mid-July exchange rates. But before those units are delivered later this year, the Italian company plans to produce a limited run of special F3s. The Serie Oro F3 will be immediately identifiable with a glod-colored frame, swingarm and forged aluminim wheels; a special red and silver paint job on the bodywork; a gold finish on the air intake screens; a gold-colored D.I.D. chain; a polished clutch cover and frame plates; a billet alternator cover; seats covered with hand-stitched leather and alcantara; and a numbered gold plaque on the upper triple clamp signifying the machine as a Serie Ora. Many upgraded mechanical parts are also exclusive to the Serie Oro version, including Brembo Monoblock foru-piston radial front calipers and Brembo racing front brake rotors; Ohlins forks and TTX shock; an Ohlins steering damper; and adjustable billet aluminum foot controls. The Serie Ora also comes with a generous amount of carbon-fiber accessories, including front and rear fenders, dashboard cover, airbox side and intake covers, fairing inserts, upper and lower chain guards, swingarm protector cover, countershaft sprocket cover, fairing lower and stacked exhaust outlets.

MV Agusta has signed a letter of intent naming Lifan Industry Co, Ltd., as the official distributer for the brand in China. Distribution is expected to begin by the end of the year, and MV Agusta hopes to have a dealer network established in all the "principal Chinese cities" by the end of 2013. "Distributing the MV models through a prestigious society like Lifan ensures that we will enter into this very important market with a very strong commercial partner at our side, respecting the Chinese culture, mentality and laws," Umberto Uccelli, Commercial Director of MV Agusta, was quoted as saying in a press release issued by MV Agusta.

Wahoo!!!!

My thoughts here MV should have established a dealerships in the South American region before China. While China is an emerging country and part of the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, China, India) emerging country their policy of one child per couple and the importance of a male means that parents will not be too thrill about their male sons on motorcycle. Motogp expanded to Shanghai with not much success. South America should have been a priority before China,

#8 ·
There is might still some lack of informations in Your neck of the woods. You missed that the MV's for Brazil will be assembled in Brazil. Russia has already at least a shop in Moscow. Cagiva's will be build in India. So MV Agusta covered Your demand pretty well.

#7 ·
I have read other articles on the Chinese motorcycle sales and where the demand is going. ( cc )
It appears this is a huge market and growing strongly. From a business perspective I think MV has done a brilliant move in entering into China.

What with the fact that China already have a huge number of riders on bikes , who also are looking to get onto larger machines , their economy is giving the people a lot of money for them to enjoy their passion and meet their dreams.

I cannot recall the statistics but , if I where still in the motor industry ( bikes ) and had any clout on where to market our products ,I definately would be exploring this avenue.

Keep posted , I belive this is going to go off big time and as MV have a very appealing product , the Chinsese a passion for bigger and better bikes , with bucks to burn.... I can see the smoke already...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.