MV Agusta Forum banner

how to clean matt paint

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  F41NXS 
#1 ·
will be picking up my mv f41000rr next week in matt white i know its a silly question but what do you clean it with.I have been told that normal waxes cannot be used

#2 ·
On my matt black F4 I just use soapy water and wipe off the runny marks with a chammy.

#4 ·
Hey, I had the same question when I got my SPR. Many folks use plexus plastic cleaner. Some also use Honda spray cleaner - I've tried both and they are effective but you have to take the heavy dirt off the bike before you go mushing around a cloth full of plexus.. Some people will say don't ever use wax but it's fine.. If you use Wax it might look a bit wetter or darker but it will still be matt. As Cag pointed out to me, the matt finish is in the clear coat - So as long as you don't use a cutting polish you won't harm the matt finish with regular wax.

Instead of wax - Paint sealer will also offer great protection with less of a wet look.

#7 ·
Glare

alternatively why not try "Glare" this stuff is ment to be the bussiness, many guys used to shout highly of Glare in the past.:naughty:

check this link out too, found a pic of Ian in his younger "youthfull days" (page 3)
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1076&highlight=polish

good question about the matt black though, it sure looks good but the cleaning could well be the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.