Speedlimiter - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Speedlimiter

Does anybody know how to set up the speedlimiter?
Want to set up as pit limiter, but i can't find it...

http://touch.cycleworld.com/cyclewor...b7a0e66f9100ab

they write that there is one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 08:28 AM

Thanks..!

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Established Member

Today I was riding in "C" mode. Pushing the SET button during the ride, the speed limiter occurs on the dash. But I donīt know how to make an adjustment... traffic was too busy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

thanks for info... i'll try it at the weekend
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 02:39 PM

The Set/OK button can be used to set the value of speedlimiter. It will lock the max speed of your bike to the set speed and you won't be able to ride faster than that. Not exactly sure when exactly one would ever need to use this.

A word of caution - DO NOT try to fiddle with it while riding...I engaged it by mistake at 55mph while doing 60mph and the rear wheel locked up on me

Currently - '13 Ducati Multistrada (for sale), '09 Daytona (track only)
Previously - '13 F800GS, '13 MV F3, '10 S1000RR, '04 Royal Enfield 500, '97 Yamaha RX135, '90 Yamaha RD350...and many more.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike
We need to get on MV to produce a more comprehensive description of functions for this system or maybe start our own thread to centralize all we find out on our own. The User Manual's information on display functionality is - to say the least - somewhat deficient in many areas (e.g., Custom mode set up, speed limiter discussed in this thread, etc.) Thank goodness for the forum - another great find shashank - seems the speedlimiter is a definite safety issue if not operated/set correctly and your incident will hopefully prevent many of us from having the same oh s_ _ t experience! Knowledge is power, keep passing it around..

Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!

2007 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue (Blue Thing) -SOLD
2013 F3 675 Red/Silver (Velocita) -SOLD
2014 899 Panigale Red (John Wayne)
2016 F3 675 RC #26 (Luisella)
2015 KTM RC 390 Cup
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahomike View Post
We need to get on MV to produce a more comprehensive description of functions for this system or maybe start our own thread to centralize all we find out on our own.
I would appreciate a new thread too, concerning dash handling.
After 3 month and 4500km Iīm not happy how to manage all of the alternatives that are possible to switch on/off.

May be we should look at the different situations:

Bike and Motor stopped
Bike stopped, Motor running
Bike riding

Cheers!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 12:34 PM

It's activable only while riding from 50 to 150kmh , you have to push the selector on the left bar, push on the lower arrow=you actual speed+2kmh, every time you push you increase the value is blincking, to lower select the other arrow(upper),and to fix , you have to press 3" the enter buton, that's the difficulty with gloves; be carrefull to the traffic; it's mainly for highways and pit lanes , not for city speeding.
Enjoy
It 's interresting to braking in too (in 5 and 6) the shiftlight is on near the limit selected and then you never run the motor too fast in sixth (6000 for exemple)

And the more important , it goes off when you stop the engine (like Idahomike says)

Last edited by cristogrr; 09-27-2012 at 11:26 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristogrr View Post
It's activable only while riding from 50 to 150kmh , you have to push the selector on the left bar, push on the lower arrow=you actual speed+2kmh, every time you push you increase the value is blincking, to lower select the other arrow(upper),and to fix , you have to press 3" the enter buton, that's the difficulty with gloves; be carrefull to the traffic; it's mainly for highways and pit lanes , not for city speeding.
Enjoy
It 's interresting to braking in (in 5 and 6) the shiftlight is on near the limit selected and then you never run the motor too fast in sixth (6000 for exemple)
I assume it defaults to OFF when you shut the bike down?

Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!

2007 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue (Blue Thing) -SOLD
2013 F3 675 Red/Silver (Velocita) -SOLD
2014 899 Panigale Red (John Wayne)
2016 F3 675 RC #26 (Luisella)
2015 KTM RC 390 Cup
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Established Member

heads up! display

I started to explore the settings & features and quickly discovered it was a potential distraction to safe and proficient riding, so now I just ride her with it all turned off and have zero problems and issues. Most settings should be established pre-ride.

The F3 totally rewards the rider who has mastered throttle control, bike works just fine in the rain with or without traction control turned on. Takes off nicely at idle (no throttle required) then leaps into a nice wheelie launch with a touch of the throttle. ...what more could you want in a highly sophisticated precision handling crotch missile

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode