No faults whatsoever on my 675 (as if) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
No faults whatsoever on my 675 (as if)

I could bet no one will comply to this title as I have had 5 faults in 137 miles,the most major was whilst parked ticking over in neutral the bike jumped into gear,lunged forward & luckily stalled with a loud clunk.
Had & still have my triumph daytona 675 after 6 years & never even changed a light bulb.
I'm seriously considering selling the mv & next year getting the 2013 triumph( looks nice) which is the only reason people are putting up with the mv. ?

Last edited by stemv; 08-26-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 04:17 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
You were more fortunate than me, purchased a new 675SE in 2010, during a 15 month period experienced the following problems.
Oil and water leaks which took the dealer three attempts to rectify. quickshifter selector fault.
Having said that it was an excellent bike and very easy to ride.
However when you return home after a ride on the F3 you have a smile on your face
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemv View Post
I could bet no one will comply to this title as I have had 5 faults in 137 miles,the most major was whilst parked ticking over in neutral the bike jumped into gear,lunged forward & luckily stalled with a loud clunk.
Had & still have my triumph daytona 675 after 6 years & never even changed a light bulb.
I'm seriously considering selling the mv & next year getting the 2013 triumph( looks nice) which is the only reason people are putting up with the mv. ?
I can sympathise but I hold out hope the MV will reward my choice with lots of excitment and fun, albeit with the odd trip to the shop. Like you I had a D675 for 3 years and did 67,000km trouble free, apart from the rectifier needed replacing under warranty. That's something Triumph recognised as a recurring fault and sorted it for good.

It will be bad news for use early adoptors if the F3 does prove to be plaqued with faults because the resale price will plummet and then the double hit when the T675 2013 reaches market - I think we can all agree it will be equally as reliable and improved on the current Daytona. But, hey I fell in love with an Italian beauty, so for now no regrets.

Happiness is a means of travel. Not a destination
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 PM

No faults with mine.

1000s sold and a dozen or so people in the forums with problems.

I had more problems with a 2001 r6, including replacing the cdi. A cbr600 with dodgy electrics (in fact Honda had a dodgy reg/rec reputation for near 20 years) and cam chain.

MV are certainly not alone. So far all the issues have been the mapping, minor electrical components (switches and sensors) and an oil seal.

I remain unconcerned until they recall the engine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 06:28 PM

There is a guy on french sport bike forum and this guy had so many problems with its 2010 675 that he was able to bargain a deal so he could get another new one.

He has the same exact problems of leaking oil and prestone at about 5000 miles on the second bike. I guess it is often a matter of being lucky with bike. I have 1100 km on myne and not a glitch.

Crossing my fingers
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 09:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to ondgas
My bike has been great to this point. I picked it up 3 weeks ago. Did 600 mile breakin, had it serviced, and have ridden the shit out of it 350ish miles. I staight up love this lil, beautiful bike. Let's face it. Its a piece of high priced art work that you put on the asphalt to ripp the balls off off or enjoy your local mountain roads. with some really high tech electronics that are truly designed to make you go faster. Not saftey devices. At least that is my personal opinion and the same as the instructor of the BMW s1000 class that BMW salesman attend. Anyway, the factory will have to work a few odd and ends out on some of these (our) bikes. No one has complained about having to pay couse there new bike broke. Sure it sucks but rest assure knowing your warranty is good. And MV only wants to make you happy with your purchase in the end. This is side work for them. Hell I wish I had one of there sweet ass helicopters.

Nothing that is mecanical is not without fault at some point or another in its exsistance. Luckily it will never be worse than broke. Will always be able to fix and the so called "new and improved"is always on the up and up. I know it sucks when you wait for so long and then in no time....damn its got a fault. But I'm pretty sure you won't see many of these while yours is being repaired. this forum even has a MV sightings page. I think I've seen my God, Jesus Crist more than I've seen an MV.The price for rare, exotic small company craftsmanship and attention to detail.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 10:19 PM

I have over 700 miles on mine and am happy to report that everything is grrrrreat!!!! I love love love Mikke-he flies me around corners, accelerates like a mini-beast, and has gotten me me more thumbs-up on the highway in the last three weeks than I've had in the last three years
...life is good...

-2013 F3
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondgas View Post
N I think I've seen my God, Jesus Crist more than I've seen an MV.
well said bro!
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 12:43 AM

So far, so good. Actually, way better than good... did 120 miles today for a total of 500 miles. Bike just sings.

stemv, i hope your problems get sorted fast so you can enjoy the bike. good luck...
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 02:11 PM

I picked up my bike a few weeks ago and now have 350km done. Only got an error code 20 today and saw that the coolant was a bit low. Filled it up and never got the error code again. I guess the bike was telling me the coolant was low because the error came on during a sharp turn and when the bike was upright again, the error disappeared. Couldn't find anything online about error code 20 though. Quickshifter is working beautifully. It just sucks i have to keep it below 5500-6000 RPM the first 1.000 km's, although MV NL told me that i can go above it once the bike is warmed up, but still can not push it all the way. I will keep it around 6.000 RPM until the first service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode