ondgas review!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to ondgas
ondgas review!!

Had my 1st service done yesterday and could not resist taking an early and extended lunch break to run home, suit up and hit the mountain while traffic is almost neal. 1st off the bike pulls nice all the way through the revs all the way to its 6th gear rev limiter. Feels like a rocket from 9 grand to redline. Corner entry is wonderful as the bike handles like a dream. Most bikes I've rode that flick from knee to knee so easily don't quite feel settled in the corner. This one is great. Ill post a suspension setup later. Tire pres was 31 front 30 rear. Brakes are great for an out of the box setup. Braking all the way to the apex and then cracking ondgas is what this bike loves. Its corner exit is miles above other 600 class bikes I've owned and ridden. A real rocket off the apex. She likes to be spun up in the rev range and stay there. I found she was happiest around 12 grand. The traction control is great. Gives you good warning without making u nervous or unsettled. if you cut the traction control off you can tote the front wheel from 1st to 3rd with ease. The torque is pure pleasure. The handling of a world class 600 and torque of a gsxr 750 makes a great package. All in all I am super pleased with the bike as a whole package and I can honestly say I would guarantee a podium finish out of this bike in stock form in club racing. The only difference in 3rd and 1st place would be the desire to NOT throw it on the ground. If she was a dedicated race bike....different story. This is by far the best handling, fastest(20 to 120 in no time) and most beautiful 600class motorcycle I have ever owned. I wouldn't worry to much about hop ups or performance parts as this bike has all you need right out the box. Thank you sooooo much MV for a wonderful piece of technology. Off to work to smile for the rest of the day. Peace and love. Jet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:52 PM

Allright!
And now time to change that bloody avatar pic!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Will do bro. Will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Established Member

Nice Jet!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Dude you are lovin' it & I am lovin' you lovin' it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 PM

Rode my new F3 for the first time today. Overall impressed, but quickly noted two issues:
1. Mirrors are useless, I can hardly see anyone behind me.
2. There is a torque spike at 10000rpm, the bike shoots like a bullet from a barrel, very dangerous in a corner! The sound also changes drastically at the same time. It almost seems like a "second" map coming into play.

Anyone noticed these?

Currently - '13 Ducati Multistrada (for sale), '09 Daytona (track only)
Previously - '13 F800GS, '13 MV F3, '10 S1000RR, '04 Royal Enfield 500, '97 Yamaha RX135, '90 Yamaha RD350...and many more.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

i did notice the hit. im guessing the new map#47 is to fix that. seems to be the only..WOW..spot in the rev range. honestly, i like the hit. makes me smile

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode