White - any issues? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
hes

White - any issues?

Guys, first of all, sorry if this has already been discussed previously but spent 10 minutes searching in here and found nothing.

Anyone experiencing issues with the white paint on the F3's? I hear anything will stay, fingerprints, dirt, etc and that it is very difficult to get off unless you use a specific cleaner.

True or False?

Thanks - AS ALWAYS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
hes

No answers just yet I see but spent more time looking around and found out that the F3 white is glossy? while the White on the F4 is matte.

The guy that told me about the "issues" on the white paint was talking about an F4 and therefore was expecting the F3 to be same. Now I see they are two completely different finishes.

Is this correct?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 02:37 PM

I realize it's neither the same bike now colour, but my Street Triple also has a matte paint finish.

Yes, it can show smudges, but I've not noticed fingerprints. Usually regular auto-wash soap and water followed by a chamois dry, or sometimes a wipe with Plexus does the trick and cleans up the painted tank nicely.

Really, it's not a concern for me at the moment.

2013 MV Agusta F3
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 03:53 PM

Smudges and finger prints will show on any color, they are actually more visible on darker colors. The visibility is also dependent on light source. After you wash the bike, you can use a microfiber rug to dry the painted surface. That should remove the smudges.

Currently - '13 Ducati Multistrada (for sale), '09 Daytona (track only)
Previously - '13 F800GS, '13 MV F3, '10 S1000RR, '04 Royal Enfield 500, '97 Yamaha RX135, '90 Yamaha RD350...and many more.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 04:00 PM

I've only got 150 miles on mine, but no problems. I've easily cleaned off fingerprints, some light road grime and many scuffs from my black boots. So far so good, but well see in 1000 miles...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 04:08 PM

So is the white a gloss white or flat white like the F4RR?

Looks like a gloss white in the pix I've seen but would appreciate an answer from someone who actually owns one.

Last edited by SKUR; 08-08-2012 at 04:11 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
hes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKUR View Post

Looks like a gloss white in the pix I've seen but would appreciate an answer from someone who actually owns one.
That is my point. I now realize the F3 is gloss and what the dealer was telling me was about the white on the F4RR that is hard to clean.

So the F3 white should be as easy as any other gloss paint.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM

yup the F4RR white is not a joy to keep clean...

I was at the dealer drooling at the red/silver F3 that he got in and had first choice to take it home in front of the other 3 people there staring at it but i told him I'll wait for the white. I asked if the F3 will be gloss or matte finish and he expected it to be matte like the F4RR. He also added that he couldn't confirm this as he has no info from the suppliers which have kept him in the dark.

Since white ones are being delivered I'd hope an owner can verify that it's gloss. But you say that it's gloss and that's a relief!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKUR View Post

I own a white F3 myself. I can confirm its gloss white, not matte or flat white. All colors are awesome. Can't really go wrong on any of'em. I just give the edge to white. I love how the red frame just pops.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Awesome! that's for the info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode