OEM Parts online - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

OEM Parts online

Hey everyone,,, new to the ownership world of an mv.. canada as a whole for that matter... So far it has been steller!! whats the best bet for ordering in parts such as a oil filter online? Just spent a while scouring the internet for such a thing but found nothing. I understand things are brand new and hard to find at the moment with this bike. I would have thought you could at least track down an oil filter. Might just have to go through dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 PM

Rusty5, odd screen name, I'm sure there's a story behind it. Welcome to the addiction. Be sure to add photos and stories in the show off your F3 thread.

Yes, one would think so wouldn't one? It seems perfectly logical to stock common parts, especially consumables like filters. I asked to buy an extra oil filter from my dealer when I was there for Molly's 1000 klm service last Wednesday. I was told that that they would not sell me one. If I changed my own oil I'd void the warranty. I shit you not, that was the official line. The fact that they didn't even have a filter for an F3 until 10:30 that very morning, (and I suspect may only have received one) speaks volumes about part supplies here in the great white north.
I'm sorry to say it looks like we're stuck with $100 / hr. + shop rates and what ever MV wants to charge for parts for the next two years.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

They actually refused to sell you that part? Isn't it your choice whether you would like to void your warranty or not? If i put the bike into track use I would like the choice to change the oil every 3 track days or so.

I called my dealer this morning and he is looking into a filter. He seemed surprised and said he would look into it, but i have not heard back as of yet.

I imagine the list of reasons to void the warranty is longer then my arm lol I thought the warranty was voided when i took it from the dealer. Hopefully a base for parts is built over the winter for the coming year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 01:49 PM

Yep, as I said it might have been due to them only getting one but they didn't say that. And by law I can have the bike serviced by any qualified tech. But as you say, there are so many things that'll void a warranty I figure why push it at this point? I'll play along so that if I need something fixed there will be no reasons for problems.

He's looking into it, I got the very same answer from two shops here in Ontario. hahaha

Being out in Alberta your dealer is a little out of the loop. No one told the dealers that the F3 uses a special filter, (and none thought to ask). They all think that the MV rep will give them a list of parts to stock so none of the ones I've spoken with seem to know about any of the "special" bits on the F3.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Looks like you guys will be dealing with the forum sponsors, it looks like the dealers don't want you in their store...
Just......amazing......that's bloody disgusting behaviour and attitude on their part actually.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM

I purchased 2 oil filters from my dealer for USD$18 each. Will pick them up this weekend.
It would be great if the MV parts are sold online, but I guess there isn't much sales volume in North America so its not commercially viable. I was told by MV USA that Italy took the US website down to "save" money.

Currently - '13 Ducati Multistrada (for sale), '09 Daytona (track only)
Previously - '13 F800GS, '13 MV F3, '10 S1000RR, '04 Royal Enfield 500, '97 Yamaha RX135, '90 Yamaha RD350...and many more.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

do some of the forum sponsors have f3 parts in stock just not listed online, other then mv agusta special parts?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 01:00 AM

Probably worth en email. I have got a few std bits from Startwin.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

startwin has access to everything they are working on getting a catalog of oem online by the end of the month.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Rusty5, odd screen name, I'm sure there's a story behind it. Welcome to the addiction. Be sure to add photos and stories in the show off your F3 thread.

Yes, one would think so wouldn't one? It seems perfectly logical to stock common parts, especially consumables like filters. I asked to buy an extra oil filter from my dealer when I was there for Molly's 1000 klm service last Wednesday. I was told that that they would not sell me one. If I changed my own oil I'd void the warranty. I shit you not, that was the official line. The fact that they didn't even have a filter for an F3 until 10:30 that very morning, (and I suspect may only have received one) speaks volumes about part supplies here in the great white north.
I'm sorry to say it looks like we're stuck with $100 / hr. + shop rates and what ever MV wants to charge for parts for the next two years.

Just finished reading the warranty claus in the owners manual. And it states MV Agusta cannot refuse service with the lack of receipts. It also states nowhere that the warranty is voided if you personally touch your bike. It says that MV Agusta may deny warranty coverage if: misuse / abuse, an accident, neglect, improper or inadequate maintenance or unapproved modifications, repairs improperly performed or replacements improperly installed, use of replacement parts or accessories not comforming to MV agusta specifications which adversely affect performance, and or use in competitive racing or related events.

To me, nothing about that says you can't change your own oil unless you screw it up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode