New F3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New F3

Okay, totally impulsive. Just bought a brand new black and silver F3. I already have an F4 and a 1090RR, so not nw to MV. The F3 is so beautiful, I had to have it when I saw it in person. I have 40 miles on it after riding it home from the dealership. Initial observations... fueling in normal mode under 3-4K is not very good. In sport mode it is better, but still could be better and not like a triumph triple. Not complaining, just comparing. It doesn't sound like a triple at idle but when you get it reving, it sounds like a very angry triple. I think the bike runs hot but that's nothing new to an MV. I'm 5'11 and 155 and while the bike is small, it feels comfortable to me. It handles great and is super eager to turn in. Now, how much of that is the MV design or the fact that it is a super sport and I have only riden liter bikes, I don't know. For me, it wants to turn in really fast. I have stalled it several times on the way home. Not sure how much is fueling or clutch engagement zone, maybe a little of both. Did I say the bike is simply drop dead beautiful. Quick shifter works great and is fun. Will post up in the next day or two. Will share more after I get a few more miles under my belt. I love the red trellis frame with the black and silver. The only ugly thing about the bike is the rear mud fender thingy. Thats got to go. I was thinking about the daytona, which is a nice bike, instead of the F3, but in terms of asthetics, there is simply no comparison, IMHO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:17 PM

CONGRATS pendulous29. Looking forward to seeing pics of all your bikes.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Jealous.....very jealous. Where are you located? US or elsewhere?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:55 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up +675

Congrats mate, enjoy the toy, and remember to share some pics .

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Jealous.....very jealous. Where are you located? US or elsewhere?
Thanks guys. Located in US (Chicago). Will take some pictures today and post up.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Here are some pictures...not great...best I could do for now...

SAM_0222 by pendulous, on Flickr

SAM_0218 by pendulous, on Flickr
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up +1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendulous29 View Post
Here are some pictures...not great...best I could do for now...

SAM_0222 by pendulous, on Flickr

SAM_0218 by pendulous, on Flickr
That is my favourite colour for sure.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 08:10 AM

Iím not a fan of black bikes. However, the black over grey on the F3 is quite fetching. I think the wife actually prefers it.
As Iíve stated before my only complaints are the red trellis frame, the matte red F3 on the side panels and the fact that they didnít use full colour logos. Seeing a black F4 with the colour logos beside an F3 without really brings home that point.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 08:25 AM

New Site Garage
Lightbulb Whaat

The red frame is one of the nicest things out there.
Don't worry about him Sam, your bikes awesome, Stephen just likes to whinge a whole lot.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
The red frame is one of the nicest things out there.
Don't worry about him Sam, your bikes awesome, Stephen just likes to whinge a whole lot.
Slurp, slurp, munch, munch, munchÖ
Or sorry, Iím having a little cheese with my whine, a nice Italian red. Hehehe

Yes, Donsy is correct, it may seem that at times I tend to go on about things. Itís just my passion for some things gets the better of me.

I should rephrase the above post because the red trellis does look good against the black. The wifeís M796 came with black body panels and red frame and it was striking.
Itís just that I had this thing about doing a re spray, (and please lets not start that all over again) and having a red frame would have made that a much more involved task.

Enjoy your new ride and donít take what I said the wrong way. I was just expressing my personal preferences.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode