US editorial reviews of MV Agusta F3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

US editorial reviews of MV Agusta F3

These are fresh off the oven! The F3 was launched to the US press at New Jersey Motorsports Park last week and the reviews have now started pouring in!
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/217/13...irst-Ride.aspx

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...deo-91345.html

Currently - '13 Ducati Multistrada (for sale), '09 Daytona (track only)
Previously - '13 F800GS, '13 MV F3, '10 S1000RR, '04 Royal Enfield 500, '97 Yamaha RX135, '90 Yamaha RD350...and many more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 12:55 PM

Interesting comparing the differences in the two articles. The first is still quoting the old MSRP of $13,498 (although it did mention the bike comes with electronic shift) while the second one has the updated price. Some other statements have me wondering if these people attended the same preview or rode the same bikes.
Funny that MV would switch rubber. I知 sure they thought it would enhance the on-track experience but it seems to have done just the opposite, if certain test riders are to be believed?

Still, it痴 entertaining. We値l just have to see who writes what next.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Interesting comparing the differences in the two articles. The first is still quoting the old MSRP of $13,498 (although it did mention the bike comes with electronic shift) while the second one has the updated price. Some other statements have me wondering if these people attended the same preview or rode the same bikes.
Funny that MV would switch rubber. I知 sure they thought it would enhance the on-track experience but it seems to have done just the opposite, if certain test riders are to be believed?

Still, it痴 entertaining. We値l just have to see who writes what next.
Yeah that is odd about the rubber switch. What's up with that? If I were a manufacturer I would stick with one since I would think (not that I claim to know much) that how a bike feels, handles, reacts is very very dependent on rubber quality.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 06:08 PM

Maybe on tire maker was more accommodating than the other..??
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 PM

The track they were using probably has an exclusive arrangement with Dunlop.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to ondgas
I have ran all the latest tires and by far in my opinion the dunlop Q2 is the best street tire out at the moment. The difference between dunlop and pirelli is the stiffness in the carcus of the tire. Dunlops are way stiffer which means the setup of suspension will need to be adjusted to compensate for the tire stiffness. I have a new set waiting on my f3 to arrive. The pirelli is a great tire. But I have found the street tire such as the diablo rosso give little or no feedback after getting greasy. Never had an issue with pirelli race tires. They are all I run on the race bike. Plus there contengency money is better at the track. Lol
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
It really upsets me to see a Red/Silver F3 on American soil and it is being used as a test bike while so many of us have been waiting for this particular bike for almost 2 years.

Why can't they test them in the color they have the most of and let us take delivery of the bikes we've been waiting for?

I am REALLY thinking of pulling my deposit and not getting this freaking bike out of pure anger. For those that know me, know I don't get angry (or you've never seen me angry), but when I do....

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartukus View Post
It really upsets me to see a Red/Silver F3 on American soil and it is being used as a test bike while so many of us have been waiting for this particular bike for almost 2 years.

Why can't they test them in the color they have the most of and let us take delivery of the bikes we've been waiting for?

I am REALLY thinking of pulling my deposit and not getting this freaking bike out of pure anger. For those that know me, know I don't get angry (or you've never seen me angry), but when I do....
You are feeling no different then many others here. We all know your frustration.
As for the test bikes, they may not be from this new shipment. They probably are press bikes brought in for these tests. Here in Canada MV have two 電isplay bikes that have been in North America since last November. These may in fact be the vary same bikes. Already broke in and track tested.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Cycle News came out with their F3 review this week, pretty impressive I must say!

http://cyclenews.coverleaf.com/cyclenews/20120821#pg51

Currently - '13 Ducati Multistrada (for sale), '09 Daytona (track only)
Previously - '13 F800GS, '13 MV F3, '10 S1000RR, '04 Royal Enfield 500, '97 Yamaha RX135, '90 Yamaha RD350...and many more.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 06:16 AM

I'd like to know what suspension settings they ended up with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode