post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

F3's at dealer BUT, NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

FAWK'N 'ELL!!!!

FAWK, FAWK, FAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BITCH BUGGER ASSHOLE
BUGGER, BUGGER, DAMN
RAMJAM, GOD DAMN, SONAVABITCH,
SHIT !

Just got off the phone with my salesman after getting an email saying the F3's were in.
They got an Oro and six white. NO FRIGGIN' RED / SILVER!!!!

It seems another dealer was able to switch a white for MY FRIGGIN' red / silver. Well I hope that dealer's customer is a Royal pain in their ass.

So, I can wait until Oc-FREAKING-tober or, take a white or buy their Oro. Well, an Oro is red / silver but it's also, $35,000 CND out the flippin' door. I'd hate to guess what the insurance would be....eeewwww...

GEEEZUS -H-KEEERIST! Why is this sooooo fudged up?

And on top of all this I have to go to the dentist's office right after work.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
It seems another dealer was able to switch a white for MY FRIGGIN' red / silver.
That makes it worse - now you have it, now you don't.

I feel for you guys across the water. I have been told by local dealer that I won't be able to testride one until Sept/Oct MAYBE.
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:00 PM

Why MV released white instead of the red/silver is beyond me, also need to remember their 'Summer Holiday' is just around the corner meaning most things Italian stop (probably including the f"""""g wheel I am waiting for my RSV4)

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:10 PM

Stephen, so have your dealer trade another dealer for a Red/Silver.
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:13 PM

Hmmm.... I ordered a White as my first choice, then Red/Silver as a backup. I wonder if my white one will be included in the first batch, and not the second now that they're trading bikes around?

Stephen - that's a bad deal, man. There's got to be some recourse available to you. At the very least, your dealer should get one heck of an earful out of you, and maybe a public shaming. Are there other dealers around you that can pick up your order instead? For us, there's just the one dealer west of the Rockies; I think there are a few in Ontario (being the centre of the Canadian universe and all)

2013 MV Agusta F3
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Established Member

I agree this situation sucks on many levels but here is what I would do. Get a white one & tell them to discount it the amount it would cost you to have it professionally painted red/silver. Am I crazy? Maybe... But at least you would finally have your bike. I'd rather have it then be told it's going to be another 3-4 months. Who's to say the same thing won't happen to you again?
Cheers,
Glenn

x
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Just got home from the dentist. I have two small cavities but I rescheduled because I’m so pissed off over this I need to get it resolved ASAP!
I put in a call to another dealer who is physically closer but who is only a retail box store. They have NO service department. They send all their bikes into Toronto for any type of service and I do mean anything!
That’s why I went with the dealer I did, they have an MV trained mechanic on site.
Funny, I’m waiting to here back from this other store because although all their bikes were pre-sold it seems that a red / silver may now be available. I shouldn’t cast dispersions on anyone because it may be that some one got tired of waiting and took his or her deposit back. However, it appears fishy that my salesman was convinced that his dealer was getting one red / silver and instead this other store has a spare.
Things that make you go hmmmmmm…

the Dreamer
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

OK so, salesman from store B phoned back to confirm they do have a red / silver available. I explain the situation to him and how upset I am that I now have to transfer my deposit from store A to Store B to get what I think should be my bike.
He’s totally puzzled as to why this has happened. I asked him about doing a dealer trade and he said he’d look into it.
So, people from dealer B will talk with people at dealer A and the distributor and hopefully something will get worked out before the weekend.

the Dreamer
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Established Member

Stephen, it sound as if it's going to work out just fine for you. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. Oh wait, yes I can! It only took my dealer the better part of two years to get a MY10+ Brutale, & one is all they've gotten. It never made it to the sales floor, I picked it up the day they uncrated it. I was not going to take the chance. Not like buying the latest CBR1000, GSXR1000, or even a 1099 Panigale (local dealer has already had more than a half dozen) is it?
Anyway good luck with everything.
Cheers,
Glenn

x
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21090 View Post
Am I crazy?
In a word.....yes. If you have any concern whatsoever about resale value, you never do a color change on a new vehicle.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode