Malfunction in F3 Oro.. "Gas Position" from the dash diagnostic.. help :( - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Malfunction in F3 Oro.. "Gas Position" from the dash diagnostic.. help :(

hi guys,

unfortunately that i will share something not so good this pics will tell you..

picture :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the vid :

http://youtu.be/bUQI6DbBUmc

this happened once before, at 400 - 500 km, when i turned the engine off, and restart it came up no more...

but now (676 km), this error message keep coming everytime i ride for a while, the lights blipping and the gas response become weird, like it can not be opened thru certain degree... because of the ride-by-wire i guess...

i need help problems just keep coming...

Last edited by dokterdewe; 07-16-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 06:08 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokterdewe View Post
hi guys,

unfortunately that i will share something not so good this pics will tell you..

picture :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the vid :

http://youtu.be/bUQI6DbBUmc

this happened once before, at 400 - 500 km, when i turned the engine off, and restart it came up no more...

but now (676 km), this error message keep coming everytime i ride for a while, the lights blipping and the gas response become weird, like it can not be opened thru certain degree... because of the ride-by-wire i guess...

i need help problems just keep coming...
Similar problem at approximately 400 miles, 'Engine Malfunction' would not increase power. Stopped, switched off, waited two/three minutes. All o/k since. Sorry not much help though
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 06:11 AM

Let us know what your dealer says when they check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 06:17 AM

New Site Garage
it has begun..
mine have Speed limiter Malfunction and always blinking yellow lamp
and false gear indicator
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Similar Problem with the false indicator (5th) indicating 'N' also on occasions side stand light
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Won't rev because ECU is in a "safe" mode to prevent possible engine damage. Normally these type intermittent problems are caused by poor wiring connections and not an actual sensor failure. Most sensors are on a 5 volt very low amperage circuit so any unusual voltage drop is read as a fault by the ECU.

That said, the Japanese brands have occasionally enjoyed faulty gear position sensors and throttle position sensors among others.....

Welcome to the high tech world. Your dealer should be able to sort it all out (if they have an actually competent technician).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 10:11 AM

From experience with an RSV4 with a similar electronic set up the ecu constantly monitors/cross checks values coming from the (on the RSV4 the 'demand sensor') thats the thing the throttle cables are attached to, on the RSV4 that alone has 4 channels (2 different voltages, and an increasing and decreasing signal from each.

Plus feedback from the throttle bodies, the ecu sends out a position it requires of the throttle bodies, again each throttle body has 2 feedback voltages of different values again +ve and -ve, so one may be going 0v-5v but also 5v-0v at the same time, whilst the 2nd one is doing the same but with 0v-3v and 3v-0v

If any do not match in the ecu you have a push bike

I'll just attach a screenshot of the channels available on the RSV4, look at the overlaid box (Channel 1) and where the slider bar is on the RH side, that will give you an idea of just how complex these systems are......................scary!!
Attached Images

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mikef4uk; 07-16-2012 at 10:17 AM.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
From experience with an RSV4 with a similar electronic set up the ecu constantly monitors/cross checks values coming from the (on the RSV4 the 'demand sensor') thats the thing the throttle cables are attached to, on the RSV4 that alone has 4 channels (2 different voltages, and an increasing and decreasing signal from each.

Plus feedback from the throttle bodies, the ecu sends out a position it requires of the throttle bodies, again each throttle body has 2 feedback voltages of different values again +ve and -ve, so one may be going 0v-5v but also 5v-0v at the same time, whilst the 2nd one is doing the same but with 0v-3v and 3v-0v

If any do not match in the ecu you have a push bike

I'll just attach a screenshot of the channels available on the RSV4, look at the overlaid box (Channel 1) and where the slider bar is on the RH side, that will give you an idea of just how complex these systems are......................scary!!
I was informed there is a recall on the on demand sensor. Thanks for the explanation btw. I guess goes with the territory since these modern bikes nowadays are packed with computers the Apollo space missions would have been proud of!

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:03 PM

I had a few electrical faults on my last bike but only after riding it in the rain. it went to the dealer and
exposed connectors were insulated, the crank sensor was at the back of the engine in front of the
swing arm.

Don't modern ecu's work off resistence signals from sensors? could moisture be causing the problem? Or as suggested a loose connection or bad earth can cause engine managment faults.

to the dealer you must go :-(

No such faults with mine yet but only done 580 miles and all in the dry, the diagnostic equipent should
be able to pin point what has caused the problem.

Treat others as you wish to be treated
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 PM

New Site Garage
f3 or daytona 675?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode