Need Help with your New MV Agusta F3? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Need Help with your New MV Agusta F3?

My name is Lee Longden, I am the Warranty & Technical Manager for MotoGB, The UK Importer for MV Agusta.

I would like to inform you all that I can help with all your F3 technical questions, from the Fuel Mapping, Clutch Cush Drive Rubbers, Battery Removal etc.

If you need any information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Lee Longden
MV Agusta Technical Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 02:07 PM

Not really technical, but could you tell me if there is a tail tidy and adjustable clutch lever available for the F3 yet or in the pipeline?

Regards

Rik
post #3 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Hello Rik,

Yes there is a Tail Tidy available for the F3. It is currently in stock at MotoGB. Unfortunately, MotoGB can only supply spare parts to the Trade but I can inform the retail price is £115.00 + VAT.

There is a MV Corse Foldable Clutch Lever in Black available but currently on back order with MV Agusta with a Retail price of £215.00 + VAT.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 02:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikrik View Post
Not really technical, but could you tell me if there is a tail tidy and adjustable clutch lever available for the F3 yet or in the pipeline?

Regards

Rik
I purchased a tail tidy from Evolutionbike whose details are on ths site
post #5 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 07:04 PM

Hi Lee
Could you let me know:
1. What is the size of the rear wheel axle nut? I have a 55mm socket, but not sure if it would fit, as I am still waiting for my bike to be delivered.
2. Are the parts diagrams available to public, so that folks who do their own maintenance can easily look up the parts numbers needed, before placing order with the dealer?
3. Not sure about UK, but in US the petrol comes pre-mixed with ethanol, which is known to expand plastic fuel tanks over a period of time. Do you think the F3 could have similar issues since it also has a plastic tank?
4. What is the diameter of the fork tubes (non Ohlins), at the very top around the preload adjuster?

Currently - '13 Ducati Multistrada (for sale), '09 Daytona (track only)
Previously - '13 F800GS, '13 MV F3, '10 S1000RR, '04 Royal Enfield 500, '97 Yamaha RX135, '90 Yamaha RD350...and many more.
post #6 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 07:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to ondgas
I would like to know if the bottom triple clamp has a hole so a pitbull front stand Can be used?
post #7 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Established Member

i have sent you an email lee thanks..
post #8 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Lee....welcome to our family. Your presence will be most appreciated, I am sure.

Hope the crowds don't overwhelm you.

One quick question from me.....what will the diagnostic software/hardware be??

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #9 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 12:21 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondgas View Post
I would like to know if the bottom triple clamp has a hole so a pitbull front stand Can be used?
When I looked at the bike at the Seattle International Show, it appeared that the steering stem WAS hollow on the bottom. I couldn't get a pair of calipers in there to measure, though. I also have a Pit Bull front stand for my Ninja and would like it to do double duty. Hopefully we can adapt it. I'm also going to try to adapt the Pit Bull rear stand. I measured the rear axle ID at 1.665 in (approx. 42 mm).

Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue (Blue Thing) -SOLD
2013 F3 675 Red/Silver (Velocita) -SOLD
2014 899 Panigale Red (John Wayne)
2016 F3 675 RC #26 (Luisella)
2015 KTM RC 390 Cup
post #10 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
Hi Lee
Could you let me know:
1. What is the size of the rear wheel axle nut? I have a 55mm socket, but not sure if it would fit, as I am still waiting for my bike to be delivered.
2. Are the parts diagrams available to public, so that folks who do their own maintenance can easily look up the parts numbers needed, before placing order with the dealer?
3. Not sure about UK, but in US the petrol comes pre-mixed with ethanol, which is known to expand plastic fuel tanks over a period of time. Do you think the F3 could have similar issues since it also has a plastic tank?
4. What is the diameter of the fork tubes (non Ohlins), at the very top around the preload adjuster?

Hello,

Please see below the answers to your request:-

1) The rear axle nut is a Bi-Hex 55mm Socket. As long as your socket is a Bi-Hex then it should fit.
2) Unfortunately, at the moment the parts epc is only available to the trade. However, I will see if I can obtain a copy in Excel format.
3) I went to MV Agusta on the F3 Technical Training course earlier this year and met up with the Importer for the US market. He mentioned the issue with high ethanol experienced on the F4 Y10 and Brutale 920/990/1090 and the expanding of plastic. As far as I am aware, MV have realised this issue and had hopefully modified the tanks for that market. However, I will check and let you know the outcome.
4) I will check the Pre-load adjuster measurement tomorrow when I'm back in the workshop, do you require the measurement for aftermarket pre-load adjusters or for clip-ons?

Regards

Lee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode