What surprises await us who have not yet taken delivery? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

What surprises await us who have not yet taken delivery?

Reading all the threads since the first F3's were delivered we've collectively learned a lot. Some pluses and some minuses but the latest tidbit about the bike coming with a battery tender caught me totally off guard.

My Ducati dealer (Triumph & KTM as well) installs the battery tender connection on every new bike they PDI at no charge. They also do it to every bike they service, or prep for resale regardless of the make or model. Again, this is at no charge. If you do not already have a Battery Tender they will sell you one at a very reasonable price. Still, it's nice to see MV acknowledging the problem at getting at the battery and including the charger and putting the plug in the wiring harness.

So what other treats or tricks do we who have yet to get our bikes have to look forward to?
Does the F3 come with one of those nasty auto retracting side stands?
What about a similar pain in the posterior ignition lock-out that requires the side stand to be up before starting?
Does it have one of those programmable ignition immobilisers? The ones that require you have a special key to program your spare keys?

I know when I go up to see the display bikes next Friday the salesman will not know anything and most of my questions will go unanswered. These display bikes probably don't even have batteries so trying to learn how to change the different modes or even hear one run will be out of the question I'm sure.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 01:01 PM

1. I have read at several places on the forum that it comes with a service manual on a USB stick (unlike other bikes for which you have to buy the manual).

2. Not 100% sure about this one, but some people have reported that it comes with a rear stand (maybe only Oro).

3. EAS is standard on US models.

...a steering damper as standard equipment would have been nice :-)

Currently - '13 Ducati Multistrada (for sale), '09 Daytona (track only)
Previously - '13 F800GS, '13 MV F3, '10 S1000RR, '04 Royal Enfield 500, '97 Yamaha RX135, '90 Yamaha RD350...and many more.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 03:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Manual and USB both supplied with the bike along with a battery charger. I have loaded the manual on to my PC
Rear stand not provided, but I purchased one along with a tail tidy from Evolutionbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 04:01 PM

I got the charger with mine. I might end up using it if this rain and wind persist. I am very near ready for the first service by the time I ride to Aberdeen I will be, so it is map update 46 I need, can anyone confirm this, please.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Established Member

for you who have it.. would post the picture of the battery charger ??? i dont think i have got it.. and by the way mine is Oro and yet i have to pay for the rear stand.. then i decided to make one by myself because my dealer sell it for like 400 usd -___-"
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 10:38 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Reading all the threads since the first F3's were delivered we've collectively learned a lot. Some pluses and some minuses but the latest tidbit about the bike coming with a battery tender caught me totally off guard.

My Ducati dealer (Triumph & KTM as well) installs the battery tender connection on every new bike they PDI at no charge. They also do it to every bike they service, or prep for resale regardless of the make or model. Again, this is at no charge. If you do not already have a Battery Tender they will sell you one at a very reasonable price. Still, it's nice to see MV acknowledging the problem at getting at the battery and including the charger and putting the plug in the wiring harness.

MV has been supplying bikes with battery tenders or at least the cabling on the loom for years mate.

So what other treats or tricks do we who have yet to get our bikes have to look forward to?
Does the F3 come with one of those nasty auto retracting side stands?
What about a similar pain in the posterior ignition lock-out that requires the side stand to be up before starting?
Does it have one of those programmable ignition immobilisers? The ones that require you have a special key to program your spare keys?

No

I know when I go up to see the display bikes next Friday the salesman will not know anything and most of my questions will go unanswered. These display bikes probably don't even have batteries so trying to learn how to change the different modes or even hear one run will be out of the question I'm sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
1. I have read at several places on the forum that it comes with a service manual on a USB stick (unlike other bikes for which you have to buy the manual).

MV has been doing this since the 09 Brutale's and the Y10 F4's

2. Not 100% sure about this one, but some people have reported that it comes with a rear stand (maybe only Oro).

3. EAS is standard on US models.

...a steering damper as standard equipment would have been nice :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokterdewe View Post
for you who have it.. would post the picture of the battery charger ??? i dont think i have got it.. and by the way mine is Oro and yet i have to pay for the rear stand.. then i decided to make one by myself because my dealer sell it for like 400 usd -___-"
Doc, your dealer is a thief and a bad mechanic by the sounds of things. If I was you I would send a letter to MV and report the guy.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Doc, your dealer is a thief and a bad mechanic by the sounds of things. If I was you I would send a letter to MV and report the guy.
i have mailed them..... many times... and they never replied back.. i mail to [email protected] what should i do...

the only mail i have ever got was from factoryclub, when i was asking for the silver membership.. they replied once, then i replied with the filled form.... and thats it! no news anymore and it has been about 1.5 months ago..
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 02:56 AM
LED Light Bulbs for home 100 lumens per Watt

"LED Light Bulbs" The perfect energy-efficient, eco-friendly and safe replacement LED bulbs for home task and accent lighting. Description Safety Savings Light Quality Specifications The High Lumens led bulbs Light casts warm white light, bright enough to be used for replacement of up to 90W compact fluorescent and incandescent light bulbs in directional lighting applications, such as task lights or accent lights to compliment ambient illumination.

"LED Light Bulbs" A lamps provide pleasant contemporary light in no time at all. Thanks to the E27 E26 base, the LED bulbs with their warm white or cold white light is suitable for indoors - as simple direct replacements for standard incandescent lamps.

•MCOB "Multiple Chips & Cups on Board" LED Technology provides the greatest benefits for producing homogeneous light effects and high luminous densities.
•9W LED Bulb sreplace a 90W incandescent bulb.
•No UV or IR in the spectrum.
•No Dazzling and mild color with light bending effect.
•LED Bulbs for home Energy-saving, Environment friendly, and only 20% power consumption of halogen lamp and incandescent lamps.
•Aluminum-alloy lamp housing for superior heat dissipation.
•Particularly designed constant current driver for open or short circuit protection.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 03:03 AM

Thumbs down Spammer Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminazioneLED View Post

"LED Light Bulbs" The perfect energy-efficient, eco-friendly and safe replacement LED bulbs for home task and accent lighting. Description Safety Savings Light Quality Specifications The High Lumens led bulbs Light casts warm white light, bright enough to be used for replacement of up to 90W compact fluorescent and incandescent light bulbs in directional lighting applications, such as task lights or accent lights to compliment ambient illumination.

"LED Light Bulbs" A lamps provide pleasant contemporary light in no time at all. Thanks to the E27 E26 base, the LED bulbs with their warm white or cold white light is suitable for indoors - as simple direct replacements for standard incandescent lamps.

•MCOB "Multiple Chips & Cups on Board" LED Technology provides the greatest benefits for producing homogeneous light effects and high luminous densities.
•9W LED Bulb sreplace a 90W incandescent bulb.
•No UV or IR in the spectrum.
•No Dazzling and mild color with light bending effect.
•LED Bulbs for home Energy-saving, Environment friendly, and only 20% power consumption of halogen lamp and incandescent lamps.
•Aluminum-alloy lamp housing for superior heat dissipation.
•Particularly designed constant current driver for open or short circuit protection.

SPAMMER ALERT!!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokterdewe View Post
i have mailed them..... many times... and they never replied back.. i mail to [email protected] what should i do...

the only mail i have ever got was from factoryclub, when i was asking for the silver membership.. they replied once, then i replied with the filled form.... and thats it! no news anymore and it has been about 1.5 months ago..
Doc, in another thread I told you that your bike came with the rear stand and included photos of the one that was un-crated in Australia as proof. Now we know that all the bikes come with a charger. I believe I also read on here that the Oro’s all came with a hard covered picture book showing the history of the F3 project. Another Oro owner could verify this fact. If so, I bet you never saw that either.
As stated, your dealer is a thief and if at all possible you need to find another shop to deal with. In the mean time Write 10 times every day to every address you can find to complain.

Now, what’s this Factory Club stuff all about?

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode