Adjustable clutch levers?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Adjustable clutch levers??

I am still searching high and low for some adjustable clutch levers ... after about 100 miles the span makes my wrist and hand go numb which is all a bit inconvenient. Jonnyconcrete has already suggested some suitabke exercises but I have a headache.
Has anyone come across after market parts or any existing adjustables that would work?

Great day out today to Whitchurch and Ravens Truck Cafe (that's how I roll ) - the F3 and F4 caused a bit of a stir especially with the local OAP Ramblers who had been bused in.

Just ski down there and jump off something, for cryin' out loud ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud owner of an MV Agusta F3 - picked up on 06/04/2012 from Drayton Croft, Hinckley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Well...the stock levers have a span adjustment....as do CRGs....not sure if Pazzo makes MV levers.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Well...the stock levers have a span adjustment....as do CRGs....not sure if Pazzo makes MV levers.
F3 is different Ed. Not much adjustability on there. They do look very much like any other cable clutch so I would think there will be heaps of options out there.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Established Member

you think any compatible Titax lever?i'd like to put it for clutch and brake lever..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 02:21 AM

There will be some that fit I'm sure, it's just a case of the aftermarket lever manufactures realising they already have one in their range that fits.

I can't imagine that the f3 clutch and brake lever mounts are unique to the F3, other bikes must have the same or similar ones. The brake lever I'm sure is a common one.

You can normally tell by looking at pictures of other bikes levers and see if levers are listed for it or look at the lever manufactures web sites, they normally show the levers unmounted so you can compare them to yours when they off the bike.

The other alternative is remove your own in the winter season and send them to CRG, Titax, Pazzo to match up.

I know someone has mentioned about sending people parts to help develop stuff for the F3, I'm happy to help in the winter months.

Treat others as you wish to be treated
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 03:00 AM

New Site Garage
I see they have some now on the MV it site - http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...ev1-nera-f3/b3

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 AM

Thats just a fold up version though, no span adjustment.

After market manufacturers sometimes have a brake lever to fit from another bike because of a commonly used brake master cylinder (like brembo etc)

Clutch levers are more of a problem due to the various switches for neutral/quick shifter etc which are normally different from each motorcycle manufacturer

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect View Post
There will be some that fit I'm sure, it's just a case of the aftermarket lever manufactures realising they already have one in their range that fits.

I can't imagine that the f3 clutch and brake lever mounts are unique to the F3, other bikes must have the same or similar ones. The brake lever I'm sure is a common one.

You can normally tell by looking at pictures of other bikes levers and see if levers are listed for it or look at the lever manufactures web sites, they normally show the levers unmounted so you can compare them to yours when they off the bike.

The other alternative is remove your own in the winter season and send them to CRG, Titax, Pazzo to match up.

I know someone has mentioned about sending people parts to help develop stuff for the F3, I'm happy to help in the winter months.

If you want to trial fit a CRG lever I have one..just pm me and take a trip into north warwickshire : )

joe
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Established Member

if you have any part number..i'd like to know guys
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Established Member

Hi Tallula , I find using just two fingers on the clutch lever much less tiring that using four.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode