Found this interesting what are your thoughts?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Found this interesting what are your thoughts??

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...ly/#more-31669

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 07:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to ondgas
Enjoyable read. Read all the coments to. Its very entertaining
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 06:45 AM

My first thought is over the top MV Agusta bashing. I get the point he's trying to make, but after seeing all of the posts on here about the f3 in Europe, and other parts of the world, and after reading this man's article, it makes total sense to me that the F3 isn't here in the states yet. If they indeed want to expand the name and sell more bikes, they have to ship out the best product possible to the U.S. It's the biggest, most important market if you are a european manufacturer and looking to expand. Also, it's a completely new motorcycle from a small italian manufacturer. He talks about the f3 as if it's the only motorcycle/car ever to have a delayed release date. Give me a break.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 AM

The author in the article is trying to compare little MV to a mainstream Japanese brands in terms of new product launches. No question the F3 launch has been bungled in Europe with fueling issues, but that should not be enough to send the author into the hate article he created. Vaporware? Those who own the F3 in Europe would disagree.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 08:43 AM

New Site Garage
What a joker, at least he admits he makes his claims based on what someone else said.

PS. Nice to see Balz give a bit of feedback for those of you guys who know who that is............I did recognise another familiar name or two in the comments down below.

I hope it come's good for MV and the F's, I think it will if the bosses keep their cool and just keep working on the problems.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcocci View Post
My first thought is over the top MV Agusta bashing. I get the point he's trying to make, but after seeing all of the posts on here about the f3 in Europe, and other parts of the world, and after reading this man's article, it makes total sense to me that the F3 isn't here in the states yet. If they indeed want to expand the name and sell more bikes, they have to ship out the best product possible to the U.S. It's the biggest, most important market if you are a european manufacturer and looking to expand. Also, it's a completely new motorcycle from a small italian manufacturer. He talks about the f3 as if it's the only motorcycle/car ever to have a delayed release date. Give me a break.

Potentially it's true that USA has purchasing potential. However how many F4s were bought in USA last year? I bet there weren't as many as UK.
USA loves the big cruisers,,Harley, Victory, Indian, Triumph Rocket etc

As being the most important market for bikes ;I doubt if the US comes close to India and Malaysia..They pull vast numbers of commuter bikes..

Big world outside the USA ; )

joe
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 10:06 AM

Hahah I knew I was going to get flack for that! Youre absolutely right, there is more to the world than the U.S. market. The best way I can word it is like this. When I tell my buddies that I ordered the F3, nine times out of ten it's met with " mv agusta? whats that? Is that like a ducati?" If they want to become better known to the general public, they MUST get these new line of bikes right. They can gain MAJOR buisness here in the states with the f3 and the brutale 675...IF they do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 10:26 AM

Actually, Joe, the USA has an appetite for all kinds of motorcycles, from cruisers to sport bikes. If you've ever traveled over here you might understand the attraction of the cruiser/touring style of bike - our distances are vast. That said, there is a desire here for the best of everything and the F3 looks to me like one of those for the Supersport category.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 PM

I've been many times and the States is amazing country..and yes I have friend in Colorado who travels immense distances...on his Harley..and I get the cruising thing..
The little point I'm making is that our part of the " motorcycling market" is a thin slice indeed. Honda sell millions of commuters into India as practically everyone has one. Next developing market is China..

The world is changing rapidly..

God bless America : )

joe
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Established Member

I've been saving up and buying/piecing together all my gear for months now after putting my deposit on an F3 and I must admit I've been tempeted to go with my original choice of an 848 Evo everytime I read about the date being pushed back, price increase, bad review, etc. Then I see pictures posted from new happy owners and how much they love it that makes me forget about the Duc. Even though its summer and I see riders all over the city I know it'll be worth it when my F3 arrives

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode