Visual differences in base F3's - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Visual differences in base F3's

BLACK / ANTHRACITE

WHITE

RED / SILVER

I am drawn to the red / silver not because of any links (real or perceived) to past glories but because of subtle differences between it and the other two on offer.
The red / silver is the only version to use the multi colour logos which I prefer over the single colour. It's also the only one to have an all black frame. Not that I'm against the red tubing. It's just that if one wishes to change the body colour (say to blue) then the red frame makes the process much more involved. Also, I feel the white model needs more red to make that visual connection to the red frame rails. Perhaps the logos like the black one has. Or, stripes, a flash or even just doing the rim lip as Ducati does. Ya I know, some of you are not as impressed with stripping the rims.

Having said this, I do have some questions about the other combos.
Are the side panels gloss or matte finish on the white models? They seem shinny in many of the photos I see however, the white F4RR's I believe are not.
What's with the silver belly pan on all of them? It looks proper on the red / silver and not out of place on the white. But, on the black / anthracite it adds a third body colour, (fourth over all) which I feel is unnecessary. It's not on the bike shown in the below banner off the MV website so what gives?

Comments?

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 AM

I brought this up with my dealer when i put my order in. They had no information from MV about the black bike color combos. Very frustrating
considering black is my personal choice, but if it comes with silver lower fairings and no option for black or matte black then forget it!! Ill do the red/silver.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 03:10 PM

the belly pan is alloy, hence the colour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect View Post
the belly pan is alloy, hence the colour
Really? Well, that certainly would explain the colour. However, with all that has been written and those who have far more knowledge about the F3 and yet we’re just hearing this now. Wow… What else is alloy, fuel tank? Wouldn’t that be something?
I suppose that makes perfect sense though, great heat shield material. Thanks for the info.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 07:55 PM

The belly pan may be alloy, but doesn't mean it has to have a silver finish.

The white F3 paint is high-gloss all over unless the IMS show bike was inaccurate.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Established Member

The belly pan and the exhaust cover is I think aluminium, the surface is brushed. In germany we call it gebürstetes Aluminium.

@ 15.000U/min you have no friends
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 03:53 AM

The lower fairing (exhaust shield) is with all 3 colors brushed alloy.
The side fairings are glossy with all colours too. The only thing that is matte are the front and rear fender which are plastic.

Having said that my personal choice still is the black one. Seeing all colours lined up at the dealer next to each other it is the most beautiful and special combo for me. But i have to say that the red/silver with all the pics that turn up on the internet is starting to give me something to think about....

Standing in the sun, the red/silver is really beautiful and racy.
I have yet to see a black one in the daylight....

Choices, choices ....
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 06:44 AM

I've owned black bikes before and though they're handsome, the color does not show off the design lines very well; rather, they are hidden. On this F3 , which has some of the best shapes going, this is a concern to me. On another front, the brighter colors are more visible to 4-wheeler traffic.

Just an opinion....
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 02:58 PM

I still think I deserve some kind of royalty for penning the anthracite scheme...

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 10:01 AM

I guess the belly pan can easily be painted by a auto body shop in a color of your choice. IMO, it makes the bike stand out a little and looks good on the all colors, so I wouldn't paint it.

Question to those who own a F3 - Is the tank made of plastic? Would it expand with the ethanol mixed fuel we get in USA?

Currently - '13 Ducati Multistrada (for sale), '09 Daytona (track only)
Previously - '13 F800GS, '13 MV F3, '10 S1000RR, '04 Royal Enfield 500, '97 Yamaha RX135, '90 Yamaha RD350...and many more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode