F3 Sales Pitch - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Red face F3 Sales Pitch

I have just read this very oblique sales pitch on an advert for a new F3 on eBay.

Somewhat out of date I think and whats more it has nothing to do with the new generations of MV Agusta's whatsoever.

Description
1 Miles, ORDERS NOW BEING TAKEN FOR THE STUNNING MV AGUSTA F3. just £9995 on the road > > > > The dominance of MV Agusta in the world of motorcycle Grand Prix's is in part due to their most victorious engine design. Of the 37 world titles won by the bikes from Cascina Costa,10 are attributed to the bikes with the inline three cylinder engines.MV Agusta was the first motorcycle manufacturer in the world to believe in this technical solution, a risk that paid off with countless victories.The three cylinder projedt began as a twin cam 350 followed by a 500cc version,these bikes were legendary for their power as well as their lighter weight and improved aerodynamics compared to the 4 cylinder competition. The project was designed at the request of Count Agusta,developed on the race track by Giacomo Agostini and raced by the greatest champions of all time winning immediately. Initially the 350 twin cam, followed by the 500 twin cam, these motorcycles became the reference point for all other manufacturers as they offerd unmatched performance allowing them to dominate the competition. This dominance was translated into 10 World titles,9 Italian Championships and 215 race wins. The MV three cylinder was a motorcycle unequaled by the competition by applying technology that was dvanced for its time and destined to become the future for all high performance engines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 03:43 AM

It's nice to know that MV have a good history, however, links to their past with adverts like this are untrue and very misleading, I read here that a newbie thought the F3 would come out alright due to MV being the best at making 3 cylinder engines as their racing history proves!

I love the MV history but the links from the old to the modern bikes just aren't there and never can be, it's the same story with Triumph as in the 'name' is carried on and that's about it, doesn't mean it's a bad bike, far from it! the new Triumph's run rings around the old Meriden shite that I lusted after so much in my Teens. From my memory I used to fix all the oil leaks and slipping clutch, loose sprockets etc just for the next Sundays ride, then repeat the process the following week.

At some modern Triumph gatherings they show the old bikes, the old Tridents and the 'slippery Sam' race version plus the X75 Hurricanes etc, and showing new and old all together is OK, but for MV or Triumph to claim that the F3 or Daytona 675 has it's roots in the original bikes in my book is wrong

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 AM

Whats untrue and misleading about mv's racing history? Also, the f3 was designed in part to pay respects to the old triple racebikes, thus making that history lesson somewhat relevant to the f3! Its just a quick history lesson. Nothing more

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcocci View Post
Its just a quick history lesson. Nothing more.

It was supposed to be a sales pitch for the CURRENT F3 though!!

Surely you do realise that the current MV Agusta's have absolutely nothing in common whatsoever with the halcyon days of the mid 70's (and before) other than the name and a logo.

I have never heard that the current F3 was supposed to have been produced 'in part' as a mark of respect to the old triple racebikes.

Where ever did you hear that?

Last edited by adecritten; 05-09-2012 at 05:20 AM.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 AM

I am afraid gents you will have to understand the Italian mentality a bit better to understand how they came up with that sales pitch.

They do very much somewhat get a bit emotional and carried away with tears in the eyes. It is the Italian way.

jimboF4
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcocci View Post
Whats untrue and misleading about mv's racing history?
Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Nothing is untrue about MV's illustrious racing heritage.

But the link between it and the current F3 is.

Sadly the only tie between the original MV's and the current one's is the name.

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 AM

I read that the design of the gear box is similar to the design they used on the race bikes. Does this count ?
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 AM

I guess a gear is a gear as a piston is a piston, the 3 cylinder race bikes (I don't think they made a 3 cylinder road bike?) stopped around 1974, that's more years ago than the age of a lot of people on here

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecritten View Post

AMCN Vol 61 No 18:
"Sadly, the world lost the F3's father, Claudio Castiglioni, in August last year. It was his ambition to produce a modern day tribute the three-cylinder MV Agusta fire engines which swept Giacomo Agostini to countless GP victories"...
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecritten View Post
It was supposed to be a sales pitch for the CURRENT F3 though!!

Surely you do realise that the current MV Agusta's have absolutely nothing in common whatsoever with the halcyon days of the mid 70's (and before) other than the name and a logo.

I have never heard that the current F3 was supposed to have been produced 'in part' as a mark of respect to the old triple racebikes.

In the latest issue of Sport Rider magazine (Not sure of your location, but its an american magazine), page 57-58, "...Now, a little more than a year, and after the tragic loss in the meantime of the F3's father, Claudio Castiglioni- the man whose ambition it was to produce a modern day tribute to the three-cylinder "fire engines", which swept Giacomo Agostini to coutless GP world championships in the 60's and 70's- the chance finally came to ride the bike that Claudio's son Giovanni has seen through to production after his fathers sad death". As a Technician for both Porsche and Audi, I understand the sales strategy and power behind a company's strong racing history and heritage. Understand this happens with EVERY MANFACTURER with a stong racing history, whether it's cars, motorcycles, dirtbikes, whatever. A lot comes with such a prestigious badge as MV Agusta, which to be honest, is part of the reason why I love these bikes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode