Sorry to be the bearer of more bads news - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Sorry to be the bearer of more bads news

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Treat others as you wish to be treated
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by perfect; 04-11-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 11:51 AM

Get a grip Dan, either you want this bike more than your next breath or its time to walk away. Only you can decide if that bike is "the one" only you can decide that you will endure these little set backs to get your mits on the prize.

I know when I first set eyes on an F4 (1999) I just knew it was the one for me. Nothing put me off, the bad press, the appalling factory situation, the non-existent spares back up. It had to be an F4 (in red and silver of course) and two years later I got "my bike".

Forget MCN, forget all teh negative stuff, ask yourself are you prepared to buy the bike and deal with some of its problems, I had to with mine and my god I am glad I persevered, I now have the bike I always wanted, 28,000 miles of track day fun and touring and just looking at her in the garage.

Lots of things have changed in my life since 2001, the bike kept me sane, she still makes me smile every time I ride her.

So ask yourself is the F3 the bike for you?

jimboF4
post #3 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
But if you do not have a deposit down with Forza, then the wait could be a lot longer, understand there are already six or seven that have. At least if there are gremlins with the fuel mapping system it should be rectified by then

Last edited by Bruce Taylor; 04-11-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 PM

My bike is in that next batch, confirmed by MotoGB via my dealer last tuesday, and its a red and silver.

Even if its not, its only another 6 or 7 weeks for another batch, and the weather will be better then anyway.

As for MCN, their just another form of critic, regardless of what they write on. If we all listened to what critics told us, we'd all be driving, riding, eating, watching the same ole [email protected]#t as each other.

I'm sure new owners on here have an opposite view to MCN and that the bike is brilliant.
post #5 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Established Member

This sounds very much like my F4RR purchase some months ago. After repeated delays, broken promises and who knows what I received it two months after the promised delivery date. There definitely was a sour aftertaste to that purchase and I think I know how you feel...
The good thing is that time has healed the wounds, and I am quite happy with the bike now.
post #6 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
"My bike is in that next batch, confirmed by MotoGB via my dealer last tuesday, and its a red and silver."

Look forward to reading your experience of the bike.
I have had a deposit down since January, but if it means waiting until June, then I will continue enjoying the Daytona
post #7 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Established Member

It's allways too long when you're waiting for something you desire and delivery dates being pushed back is particularly frustrating, but for having ridden an F3, I can tell you it's just fantastic... beyond 4000 rpm. So what if the fuelling is messy below that point? Old v-twins and singles are just as unrideable below these rpms and boy have I had fun on these things. Part of enjoying a piece of exotic beauty is trying to adapt to it, work around its rough edges and enjoy its stong points.

If you think a bike should be clinically perfect and adapt to you and your riding, I recommend you buy a ZXCBR600. In my opinion, an F3 is something else and well worth waiting for (that's what I am doing too...impatiently ;-)
post #8 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Established Member

There was never going to be a huge number of F3s coming to the UK month after month. The production line is alternating between F3 and Brutale and trying to share the F3s across the world.

Your situation has been exacerbated by the dealership that lost its franchise and now you are at the bottom of the list. Get a deposit down somewhere then forget about it for a month, find a distraction ie your new daughter.

As for MCN - stop f**king reading it!!! They don't like it, big deal , not everyone will. If you need a cheap thrill come and a have a stroke of mine

Just ski down there and jump off something, for cryin' out loud ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud owner of an MV Agusta F3 - picked up on 06/04/2012 from Drayton Croft, Hinckley.
post #9 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallula View Post
There was never going to be a huge number of F3s coming to the UK month after month. The production line is alternating between F3 and Brutale and trying to share the F3s across the world.

Your situation has been exacerbated by the dealership that lost its franchise and now you are at the bottom of the list. Get a deposit down somewhere then forget about it for a month, find a distraction ie your new daughter.

As for MCN - stop f**king reading it!!! They don't like it, big deal , not everyone will. If you need a cheap thrill come and a have a stroke of mine
That is quite possibly the perfect answer....no more needs to be said!
post #10 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect View Post
Guys and gals ,

I am so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, please understand that this is not my intention and all I want to do is share information that
I have just been told.

I just had a call form Forza who have just been told by motogb that the next batch of bikes that are due in the uk are still another two or three weeks away and not next week as I was promised, worst still there will only be in black and white bikes coming, there will be no more red and silver F3's till the end of May!

Call me a hypracrite or anything you like, i am close to tears, I am again bitterly dissapointed. i feel sick to my stomach.

A mate has just dropped off his copy of MCN and i hate to say this but yet again MCN has slaughtered the F3, Kevin Ash says and I quote " I cannot recommend that anyone buys this bike" 3rd time it's been destroyed by MCN!

The MCN staff who had the bike as his demo bike has sent it back as he is no longer prepared to ride it, he says if they don't fix it quick i don't want it back!

I am going out for some fresh air to think about how i convince myself to carry on with this.

Huge delays
Poor reviews
Last minute price rise
wonky exhausts
broken promises and shocking customer service.

Seriously i need a miracle to keep me in this game, i don't think I can do it anymore.

Sorry but again i am only responding to the news i have just been given, i hope i don't offend or upset anyone, especially those of you lucky to have yours, i am sure they will fix them, for me this is too much at the moment.
Just take a deep breath and get the damn bike when it gets there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode