LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 02:16 PM

I figure it labor costs. But hey, as long as I don't find Mardi GRAS
beads in my gas tank, I'm find with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 09:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
I will probably buy a F3... I do hope that mine is built in Italia and not Brazil. But a Brazilian built bike, if built like Brazilian built cars should be of good quality.... Next thing you know Lambos will be built in India and Ferrari in China!

And there are no Mardi Gras beads in Brazil... Mardi Gras takes place in New Orleans about 10,000 Km from Rio de Janeiro.... and Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro has little to no correlation to Mardi Gras unless you look at it as a crazy party, for no real reason.

How about those F3?

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 03:54 AM

If the bike was manufactured, assembled or whatever in China then I would be very, very worried. Besides, Italians don't have the best reputation for quality builds although MVs seem to be pretty good. As for buying the F3 upon it's release ... I try to pass on the first generation of anything. By the second generation most of the bugs are sorted or at least we know the problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 03:55 AM

Mardi Gras ... that's an international gay and lesbian festival in Sydney, Australia so you definitely wouldn't want any beads in your tank
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 03:04 AM

According to Mr. Castiglioni, which I head the honor to meet in Varese Yesterday, will be all parts delivered to Brazil and assembled in Brazil. Those bikes assembled in Brazil are only for the Brazilian market which is one of the fastest growing market in the motorcycling sector. Enormous import taxes will be avoided that way.
And to all US customers to sleep better there will be no Brazilian assembled MV Agusta's be sold in the USA. In fact it sounds more like it that You will not get any MV in the US in the future. The reason is simply that every bike sold in the US is a financial disaster. Not only that the prices are way to low in the US, considering the currency exchange rates, but additional emission regulations and homologations, high import taxes, etc are summing up to an enormous defizit.
By the way: The F3 is amazing, stunnning, spectacular, magnificent. Seniora Riboni and the President presented the F3 in Rosso / Grigio and the F3 is just mindblowing awesome. Thank You Mr. Castiglioni I'm still speachless and for sure one of those will be mine. Guaranteed!
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
According to Mr. Castiglioni, which I head the honor to meet in Varese Yesterday, will be all parts delivered to Brazil and assembled in Brazil. Those bikes assembled in Brazil are only for the Brazilian market which is one of the fastest growing market in the motorcycling sector. Enormous import taxes will be avoided that way.
And to all US customers to sleep better there will be no Brazilian assembled MV Agusta's be sold in the USA. In fact it sounds more like it that You will not get any MV in the US in the future. The reason is simply that every bike sold in the US is a financial disaster. Not only that the prices are way to low in the US, considering the currency exchange rates, but additional emission regulations and homologations, high import taxes, etc are summing up to an enormous defizit.
By the way: The F3 is amazing, stunnning, spectacular, magnificent. Seniora Riboni and the President presented the F3 in Rosso / Grigio and the F3 is just mindblowing awesome. Thank You Mr. Castiglioni I'm still speachless and for sure one of those will be mine. Guaranteed!
Have you actually seen the F3?????? So no more MV for the US?

“MV Agusta F4 2010 black / Aprilia RS250 / Ducati Panigale V4S.”
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikV View Post
My dealer was moved to tears when he told me about the new F3. It's apparently that beautiful. He told me the bike has 135 Hp and will be in his showroom march 2011. Although with Italians you never know.
He was at the dealer presentation of the F3 and learned that MV wants to grow to the production of 15000 units a year and that the bikes for the Americas are to be assembled in a new Brazilian plant.
They want to sell more bikes in Asia and are aiming at China and Japan.

Not true.
Or at least not all true.
I have been last night at Schiranna Factory, and mr. Castiglioni said the target is 4.000 bikes a year, complitely assembled in Varese. He has been very clear and stright about workplaces.
Now they are building bikes for aussie market, as the old importer switched to Harley, so they have had to rearrange the sale net.
About the F3 yes, it is that beautiful. No one was allowed to take pics, but it will be unveiled at EICMA in nov. 2th.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikV View Post
Have you actually seen the F3?????? So no more MV for the US?
Yes I did Erik ! And if they would have let me I would have made a pre payment already. Believe me You would have tried to do it as well.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVArt View Post
Hi Ralf,

That is AWESOME that you were able to preview the "F3"... way cool!

But on to a more serious subject... are you serious that MV may cease to exist here in the US? Please say that isn't so?! I would like to think that we help make-up a very large portion of buyers/owners for both F4's and Brutes!

Yes the F3 is awesome and I was even sitting on the prototype.

Yeah I was bugging them alot about the future and finances. Actually Mr. Bordi is evaluating everything to avoid deficits. On one hand we can be looking forward for exciting new models and merchandise. On the other hand massive cost cutting will be unavoidable.
So when ever I asked about the US market, they were very reserved to say it frankly. Most comments ended about that every bike sold in the US is a financial loss. I ask even for example if we would pay even 20000 $ for an F3 ( approx. sold in Europe for 10000 Euro) and bikes would be only delivered by specific order. The answers were never encouraging to say it frankly.
So changes will be tough for sure. I heard from the dealer convention that they will close many of their local dependances (so called importers) in Europe to. MV Agusta will obviously safe money here as well. For sure I know that MV Agusta Deutschland will be closed. For information the employees of the German dependance are under contract of MV Agusta SpA. By the way Cagiva USA is also owned by MV Agusta SpA.
So I fear the US market, as important as it might be, is very competitive. Selling bikes is there in general a costly adventure. A small company, which has to get their finances under control, will might be not able to participate in troughing money into it.
Sorry make Your own mind out of it. Than You might can see the writing on the wall.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Hey Ralf..

Any new on how Mr C Castiglioni is doing ?

Yes I did hear that the German MV network isn't a happy bunch at the moment.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode