post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Not very lucky..

"The F3 will be the smallest supersport ever produced"

Interesting article with many details

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...et-new-models/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 05:46 PM

Interesting read! Thanks for the post. I wonder if any privateer teams will race the F3........

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 05:50 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
140hp. Yikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:09 PM

I think my F4 SR is 146hp and thats a 750cc. That's pretty impressive.I would imagine the power/weight would give awesome performance
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Yikes is correct Carl, thats 207HP per liter. Same as the 2011 ZX-10R!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:30 PM
The Dude

Interesting read....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 08:06 PM

I agree with Mr. C below. If you aren't able to increase production, then money spent on racing would be better used elsewhere especially when you don't have deep pockets funding you (like when HD was around). Why? Because racing promotes brand awareness to those that don't know who you are. But if you're only selling 4 to 8K bikes a year and don't want to produce 40,000 (like Ducati), then your budget is better spent developing, producing, and marketing it to those who know and can appreciate it.

Quote:
On racing

“If you go and look at the sales of the Yamaha R1, Valentino Rossi won a couple championships with Yamaha, but the sales of that bike did not increase. Ducati is racing and spending tens of millions per year on racing, but you see that to increase their volume they’re focussing on non-sport models.”

“I fully believe that racing is not linked to an increase in production of the existing models we have. I think that racing is really necessary and great for the health of the company in terms of being recognized by a larger group of people. Even my grandmother knows Ducati now, because of racing. But that’s the good part of racing, concerning sales? I don’t believe there is a connection.”

“For the amount of bikes that we want to do, I don’t think that we need to race. For two reasons: First, because it doesn’t increase sales. Second, because racing is expensive and MV needs to develop its product, not go racing. There is another reason. Racing in the Italian Superbike Championship, that we won, we saw that our engineers, they don’t care any more about the production, they just want to race. We need to focus on our product.”

On the EICMA motorcycle show

“We haven’t decided yet if we are going to EICMA or not. The main reason is that I don’t really believe that EICMA is so important for MV and, especially at the moment, I would like to concentrate on the economic efforts of the new company into the new products. So spending $1 million for five days? It is better to spend it on the product.”

“But, maybe we will just go with the F3. Just a big white cube, sort of trendy architectural stuff with just the F3 inside so that people see that MV is there, that we’re investing in new product and that the F3 is designed and ready to go. I think this is a good message to go to everyone, but without having a very big spend. We may go just to show our clients that the F3 is there and that they should wait another 10 months before buying something.”
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Established Member

From the article...
“The F3 will be the smallest bike that’s ever been produced in this category. It’s like a 125.”
...now that will be an impressive bike.

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 11:07 PM

Very interesting ! Thank You for the link. What Giovanni said sounds reasonable and honest to me. To bad that we have to wait another Year for the F3. Well time to safe money for it. It just sounds to good. I want one no matter what.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 08:48 AM

The F3 sounds great. It will probaby have around 120 at the rear wheel. The only problem with building a really small bike is that smaller people are the only ones who enjoy riding it, except under track conditions where you are only on it for a small amount of time. The biggest complaint I have heard about the Brutale 750/910/1078 bikes is that they only work well for people under 6 feet tall. I think the only way MV can go racing is with a privateer team or to acquire a deep pockets sponsor. I don't think you would find Ducati participating in racing without Marlboro, Alice and Xerox paying most of the bill. I wish them all the luck in the world. I think my wife will be very interested in the Brutale 675.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode