Time Has Arrived... - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Time Has Arrived...

The time has arrived where age and injuries have finally caught up to this gray haired old man.

The fact that I had to have major surgery on my back a year ago is not the whole problem. Seventeen broken bones and nine significant surgeries over the years have finally caught up to my body.

I had the 3 lowest disc's re-sectioned, back decompressed and microsurgery on damaged crushed nerves last year on Dec 7th. Still have some numb areas. Been in physical therapy for 10 months. My back is better but it does not do well with the riding position required for track days and racing.

The other concern is the probable damage and long recovery time if I crash again. My back is better but is not likely to survive a significant get off, so now the risk is higher. I have air bag suits, the best protective equipment money can buy, but it isn't enough anymore.

I have had a tough time accepting this but the truth is the truth.

So I'm selling my all of my bikes and all track & race support gear. Converted my Ducati back to street (had someone who wanted it if I ever sold it) and have sold the go fast parts, now in process of doing the same to my 2016 R1 Superbike.

Once the R1 is converted back to street and it's race parts are being sold. I plan to do something with the F3. Probably convert/build a street bike out of the F3 and sell all the go fast stuff separately. The only way that won't happen with the F3 is if someone makes a very good offer for it complete as it is. Then there would be a host of like new street parts for sale. Most have never been used

I hate to see it converted to street & the race parts sold because it is such a special bike, but since I can no longer ride it as it is designed to be ridden that is what will happen.

Watch for this to show up in the MV related sales section when it is ready. It is really hard to accept but I am doing it ever so reluctantly.

I guess it could be time to build some fun car. Thinking about a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. That could be a fun project.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Sad to hear, but a situation many, if not most, of us will face at some stage, although not with such a compendium of injuries.

Best wishes, and there's not many better cars with which to start a new project!!

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:54 PM

Stunning bike..

F3 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 01:16 PM

Brave but well founded decision...all the best
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Sad to hear, but you got to do whats best for your health.

Stunning bike as well, following the build thread was nice. Looks like a weapon to ride. Good luck with the sale, though if you do part out I would be more than interested in some parts...

If you don't mind, could I ask a few questions about the build. How does the race tail/seat go on?
Does it use the stock subframe?
What brand is it?
Is the under-tray the stock part too?
Any chance of a few more pictures of it?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:07 PM

New Site Garage
Respect. Sooner or later we all cross that bridge.

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly....
2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR-- "Betttina" in Giallo-Nero
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:48 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati23 View Post
The time has arrived where age and injuries have finally caught up to this gray haired old man.

The fact that I had to have major surgery on my back a year ago is not the whole problem. Seventeen broken bones and nine significant surgeries over the years have finally caught up to my body.

I had the 3 lowest disc's re-sectioned, back decompressed and microsurgery on damaged crushed nerves last year on Dec 7th. Still have some numb areas. Been in physical therapy for 10 months. My back is better but it does not do well with the riding position required for track days and racing.

The other concern is the probable damage and long recovery time if I crash again. My back is better but is not likely to survive a significant get off, so now the risk is higher. I have air bag suits, the best protective equipment money can buy, but it isn't enough anymore.

I have had a tough time accepting this but the truth is the truth.

So I'm selling my all of my bikes and all track & race support gear. Converted my Ducati back to street (had someone who wanted it if I ever sold it) and have sold the go fast parts, now in process of doing the same to my 2016 R1 Superbike.

Once the R1 is converted back to street and it's race parts are being sold. I plan to do something with the F3. Probably convert/build a street bike out of the F3 and sell all the go fast stuff separately. The only way that won't happen with the F3 is if someone makes a very good offer for it complete as it is. Then there would be a host of like new street parts for sale. Most have never been used

I hate to see it converted to street & the race parts sold because it is such a special bike, but since I can no longer ride it as it is designed to be ridden that is what will happen.

Watch for this to show up in the MV related sales section when it is ready. It is really hard to accept but I am doing it ever so reluctantly.

I guess it could be time to build some fun car. Thinking about a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. That could be a fun project.

Stunner!

2015 F3 800
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3-Matt View Post

If you don't mind, could I ask a few questions about the build. How does the race tail/seat go on?
Does it use the stock subframe? No
What brand is it? Motoholders
Is the under-tray the stock part too? No
Any chance of a few more pictures of it? Yes go to the link
The build is posted here:

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/31-tr...ace-build.html

Complete 3 piece Sharkskinz tail assembly is held on with 3 screws
plus many quick fasteners holding the rest together including the seat

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:52 AM

Truly sorry to hear this news about your health, and where it is taking you.. Thankfully doing a car project will help with coping after the bikes are gone.

If/when you do decide to part ways with the race/track parts, i would be interested in some items for sure. (dash panel, shock linkage, air tubes, maybe your forks and triples as well)

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:12 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Also sorry to hear this news Clayton.
Better to be safe than sorry.
You don't want to end up in a wheelchair.
I know how much time and expense you put into the MV alone.
Good luck with the sale.
Best of health to you also.
Ducati23 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode