MV Agusta Forum banner

Hit 21000miles on my F3

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  F3-Matt 
#1 ·
Hey all.
Just checking in as I’ve mothballed my F3 for winter, along with my RVF.

Bought a 3rd bike in Feb (ZZR600) which I use for pillion duties with my 11yr old son...and late/early season riding.

Anyways, the F3 is at 21000 and running really well. No problems in ages-just feed her tyres and petrol.

Done a few track days this year on her and all good.

Things to do over winter-put a 16T on the front sprocket and clean and overhaul the brakes.

Roll on spring!

#3 · (Edited)
I think this is what some people like to read from an 3 cylinder owner. And maybe potentional purchasers aswell.

There's a dedicated topic about engines keep sucking in valves ( Which is quiet for a long time btw. Hehe thats good ;) ) but I cannot understand how that is possible without trashing or misthreating the engine.
In a time were engine and oil technology is so good.

Aspecially since the prototype F3's have done 100.000km+ on track, street & dynoruns.
Here is an article about its development:
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2011/december/dec-30-how-tiny-mv-agusta-threw-down-challenge/

A positive note about our bikes are very much welcomed every now and then.
And ofcourse a forum build around maintenance might look 'bad' for an outsider but who knows how small the total amount of MV owners are on this site.
The larger part of owners are cruising around and enjoying their bike problem free.

#4 ·
I think this is what some people like to read from an 3 cylinder owner. And maybe potentional purchasers aswell.

There's a dedicated topic about engines keep sucking in valves ( Which is quiet for a long time btw. Hehe thats good ;) ) but I cannot understand how that is possible without trashing or misthreating the engine.
In a time were engine and oil technology is so good.

Aspecially since the prototype F3's have done 100.000km+ on track, street & dynoruns.
Here is an article about its development:
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2011/december/dec-30-how-tiny-mv-agusta-threw-down-challenge/

A positive note about our bikes are very much welcomed every now and then.
And ofcourse a forum build around maintenance might look 'bad' for an outsider but who knows how small the total amount of MV owners are on this site.
The larger part of owners are cruising around and enjoying their bike problem free.

Very good point!

#6 ·
Fantastic to hear. I did 80K miles on my GSXR750 before part exchanging it in for another (but a 1000 this time) - must admit last 5 years they have been a sunny day toy but I have managed 6K mikes on my F3 in the first 2 months of ownership (it was bought new in June), but it's now laid up for 6 months now. Good that there's one being ridden though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.