MV Agusta Forum banner

Passenger pegs removal. Is a blocking plate needed?

6K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  jaramharamharam 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Cosmetic only.

I have been riding around with 1 passenger peg for a few months now, the other side I just replaced the bolts in there, hand tightened.

Getting a custom bracket made to get rid of the other peg (supporting part of the exhaust up) I am excited to loose the peg. Thinking about those blanking plates. I like the button head screw idea. And the plastic button thingy as well. Have an ACE Hardware a mile away, might have to see what the have.

Reactions: jaramharamharam
#9 ·
Well looks can be deceiving.
The Design Corse pictures are not the case when you have ABS.

With ABS the pump sits under the seat and the craddle is also held by the same bolts that hold the pegs.
I removed the pegs but when you put the bolts back in you notice that the bolts are too long (too much thread) since the pegs are no longer there.
I ordered 4 new generic bolts (M8 i recall) with a nice 'flange' (for better optics) and the bolts now go in all the way and it all looks perfect now.

Used Titanium bolts and it cost me less than 10 euro's.
Can't see myself spending the insane price on those Design Corse blanking plates and adding extra weight in the process.

#10 ·
I know my right side bolts held up the exhaust hanger as well. Found the same thing you did, that stock bolts were too long once the pegs were off. Went to Home Depot and found 4 shorter black bolts to fill the holes. I like the black-on-black clean look. No need for titanium when this costs less than $2!

Attachments

Reactions: Dutch MV
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.