Rear sets with rear brake master cylinder mount? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Rear sets with rear brake master cylinder mount?

Hey guys.

I haven't been able to find anything like this yet, so I'll ask here:
Is there any decent rear sets out there that also acts as a new mounting location for the rear brake master cylinder on the F3's? The stock location we all know is pretty horrible. After a short 20 minute ride yesterday, I couldn't even hold the rear brake "lever" in my bare hand because of how hot is is. I can only imagine how much hotter the master cylinder is, being even closer to the engine.
I can't see why mounting the master cylinder behind the rear sets would complicate anything other than shorter hoses probably. This is pretty normal for many other bikes.

I did find something on Ebay, but it doesnt detail a full rear set kit anywhere:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-Agusta...-/323779062624
(MV Part number B5696)

Thoughts or tips?

I've read the thread here regarding installing a heat shield mod for the rear-brake. It probably helps a little, but is only a slight work-around as I see it.

Loud pipes don't save lives. Loud pipes just sound cool to egotistical riders like me

Current bike: 2018 MV Agusta F3 800 RC
Previous bikes: 2013 KTM Duke 690, 2015 KTM RC 390

Last edited by SneakyOwl; 07-24-2019 at 03:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
I took a look at the more race-specced F3's like the F3XX and WSBK F3 now. It seems to have the master cylinder mounted on the rear set. Does anyone know who manufactures these rearsets, or is it just the aforementioned part used?

Loud pipes don't save lives. Loud pipes just sound cool to egotistical riders like me

Last edited by SneakyOwl; 07-24-2019 at 03:20 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Ding ding ding, I found a kit that might be worth looking into!

https://conquestracingltd.com/produc...-3-5-kit-2011/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:00 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Those look really nice....kinda pricey, but then most good stuff is.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Indeed. I sent them an email asking if they really are what they seem to be from the pictures (or if it's just for another bike model).
I guess for rear brake reservoir one could use the HRC method, which apparently is used on the WSBK and F3XX bikes as well, if you look closely to the left of this picture:

EDIT: The picture also reveals the F3XX to also use Valter Moto Rearsets, but it doesn't seem very similiar to the one I linked. It might be easier to contact MV Agusta Reparto Corse to see if one can get hold of the same rearset parts they are using.

Last edited by SneakyOwl; 07-24-2019 at 08:44 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Reply from Valtermoto:

Quote:
the rear brake master cylinder is located in the original position.
The same rearsets for team the rear brake master cylinder has a different position.
So it seems they have two types. One for race teams and one for "stockies". I've requested pictures of both sets for comparison.

Thinking a bit more on the case, it might a bit hassle to move the master cylinder.
1 - The brake light cable/switch needs to be long enough for the move (It probably is?)
2 - New brake fluid reservoir mount location is necessary, unless using the "HRC tube method". I am not sure if the latter is very suited for road-use.

I'll see if I can be bothered to experiment on this.

Last edited by SneakyOwl; 07-25-2019 at 03:26 AM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyOwl View Post
Reply from Valtermoto:

So it seems they have two types. One for race teams and one for "stockies". I've requested pictures of both sets for comparison.

Thinking a bit more on the case, it might a bit hassle to move the master cylinder.
1 - The brake light cable/switch needs to be long enough for the move (It probably is?)
2 - New brake fluid reservoir mount location is necessary, unless using the "HRC tube method". I am not sure if the latter is very suited for road-use.

I'll see if I can be bothered to experiment on this.

Having been through a rear MC on my F4 and having to constantly bleed. I have also looked at this. In the end I used 5.1 fluid and additional heatshield which seems to be working.

As for the HRC reservoir being ok for road use, I had that set up on a road bike for over 10 years without any issues.

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Nice. Thanks for the input, Hawk. I might be trying out Dot 5.1 and heatshield first then before blowing away a lot of money on those extra fancy rearsets.
Also good to know that the HRC tube is a viable option if I were to move the MC!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 11:14 AM
Established Member

I'll second the HRC tube use on a road bike - I also have had one for many years on both my last bikes for road and track use, no issues whatsoever.

I also discovered last week just how pants the rear brake is, so will also over the next few weeks be looking at improving it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Great to hear, Highside.

Keep us posted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in