MV Agusta Forum banner

Jezs 2018 MV Agusta F3 800

18K views 77 replies 23 participants last post by  JezNF 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Bought myself a new toy. A 2018 MV Agusta F3 800 in matte black.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Had the NRC integrated tail installed straight away at the dealership.
Looks great. The leds are very bright. It sits nice and flush. You do need resistors to get the blink rate to sync to Aussie standards. Had to drill two holes in the original plate to get it to bolt up. I plan to get personalized plates soon so those should look a lot better and neatly tuck away.

Rest of the bike is stock.

Enjoyed it on the way back home from the dealership. Euro 4 compliance means the bike sounds very quiet though it does have a nice rasp when on song. Have started off in sport mode and no issues with the ride quality and confidence (I am a fairly decent rider - I would like to think so anyways!)

#13 · (Edited)
Welcome to the club mate. Looks awesome in black

You mentioned sports mode

I found the below settings to be more suited when on long ride days - in sports mode the throttle sensitivity over bumps becomes problematic.

Power Mode: Custom
Traction Control: 1
Gas Sensitivity: Normal
Engine Brake: Sport
Maximum Torque: Sport
Engine Response: Slow
RPM Limiter: Sport

#10 ·
Where on the rather large island/continent of Australia are you?? Please add your local to your profile.

Good looking bike (of course).

#14 ·
LOVE this bike in all matte black, and almost went the same route. It really is one of the few that can really pull this off.

Usually, all black black paint benefits fugly bikes by hiding their undesirable features.

Yet somehow, with that red frame, jaw-dropping nose cowl... just looks so good. And you won't need to paint your mirrors!
Panigales's can't do all black nearly as well.
Curious to see result of painting pegs. But if you're looking to go aftermarket down the road, there are options made in black...

I noticed with the newer euro4 exhaust (which I think looks awesome, btw), the passenger pegs support them. Would this prohibit their removal? I keep mine on, but I know most riders like to take those off.

#15 ·
LOVE this bike in all matte black, and almost went the same route. It really is one of the few that can really pull this off.

Usually, all black black paint benefits fugly bikes by hiding their undesirable features.

Yet somehow, with that red frame, jaw-dropping nose cowl... just looks so good. And you won't need to paint your mirrors!
Thats why I went with the Matt avio grey.(no black fairings for 675) The red pops really well.
+the 4 shades of grey you get when the bike stands in the sun is pure pr0n. >:)

#21 ·
Took off the red factory rim tape streak. It looks incomplete in my opinion only halfway across the rim. Also I want to black out the bike and only red bit is going to be the frame !

Before and after pic...still needs a bit of residue to be removed which I will do tmrw.

Attachments

#25 ·
Welcome to the family Jez, beautiful bike love the F3800 if I wasn't so big would have one in my garage. great group of members on the site that love to help out so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Its winter where I live so go take a ride and tell me what its like . Going cabin crazy lol

#37 ·
Screen is in the mail.
I love the cover and worst case its easily removed anyways...(quick velcro job)...unless I am doing night riding I wont take it off I dont think.

Carbon filler cap pad went on today

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.