Dealer suggesting I get sprag clutch “upgrade” then tells me something different - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By airjawed
  • 1 Post By Goreela

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Dealer suggesting I get sprag clutch “upgrade” then tells me something different

My dealer suggested a sprag clutch fix as a must have fix for my 14 F3 800. It has 3K miles on it.

then, when I went to schedule the change, they told me an ECU update is the first step, before looking at the sprag clutch.

My question is, how would an ECU update fix that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 06:09 PM

New Site Garage
There are threads going into detail about sprag clutch issues but the reason for ECU update is that it has an update to the starting sequence that helps it start better.
jdgun and Goreela like this.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjawed View Post
There are threads going into detail about sprag clutch issues but the reason for ECU update is that it has an update to the starting sequence that helps it start better.
Thanks. I knew about the sprag issue, was just wondering why they’d push it off for an ECU update

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 10:19 AM

Check your clutch basket while youre at it.

It’s a £95 part for an updated basket, if you look at the thread ‘check your clutch basket you’ll maybe think it’s a good idea.
My bike is currently in the dealers with a shattered clutch basket which is eventually going to cost me £1200 to repair.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 04:26 PM

as terrible as it was getting and learning how to use ecustudio id recommend getting it. you won't be able to get the throttle sensitivity to an acceptable level without adjusting it yourself. also a lipo battery.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I’ve got a full Bazzaz FI/TCS/QS I’ve yet to put on it. I’m hoping to be able to get the throttle to be acceptable with it and clean up the TCS’s aggressiveness.

Also, after riding an Aprilia RSV, I REALLY want to fix the quick shifter. The stock ignition cutout feels lt lasts for 5 seconds.
Ducati23 likes this.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILIMAN1968 View Post
Check your clutch basket while youre at it.

It’s a £95 part for an updated basket, if you look at the thread ‘check your clutch basket you’ll maybe think it’s a good idea.
My bike is currently in the dealers with a shattered clutch basket which is eventually going to cost me £1200 to repair.
I’m probably going to change out the whole thing and get an EVR slipper. Good clutches with action almost as good as the STM, but much less expensive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode