F3: I am pleased to report.... - MVAgusta.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Cool F3: I am pleased to report....

Gentlemen...

I am very happy to report, thanks to you, my F3 is now running and shifting up/down and driveline wise capable of handling one trackday. After rebreeding the brakes I have them running well, the rcs19 feel isnt perfect but I do believe thats a function of the abs. It is running the SK71 map with +8% fueling which I tried after running +5% and the extra fuel definitely help to smooth the terrible on/off throttle snatchyness so its rideable now if your mindful but still needs smoothed out a lot, also it has some flat spots at WOT around 6-8 and 12-15k feel like its to fat or to lean cant tell. So if I could get more assistance on this all I will be able to make the track day this coming weekend and then make a road trip to get it dyno tuned later.

other notes....

-the physical throttle:throttle body position ratio is absolutely terrible. Not sure how to adjust this exactly in ecustudio but its not even close to linear, it feels like a rain mode and ive been told bike has to be set to S for its mode for the QS/blipper to work.

-rear brake itself is great however I have literally no rear grip when braking even from say 80mph and using only the rear, if im on the front at all its like the rear isnt on the ground even, I think this could be a function of how my ttx36 is sprung? Bike has 25mm rear sag which is what im told from ohlins perfect how they set it up for me and my bike but I believe its stroked out causing this when braking at all.

-bike steers slowly and feels 50lbs heavier than my new gsxr 1000, I raised the rear 2-3mm shock length and its still really slow feeling.

-did 520 and -1+0 and while shredding this morning I find It would be worth going +1 in the back

-the Blipper works great but the qs is slow, my old translogic I had on my 749 was quicker and smoother, this isnt BAD but its not what it should be, now that the bike has almost 200 miles on it I the gearbox is breaking in and its not missing shifts anymore.

-ordered these rearsets https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonamici-Mo...72.m2749.l2649
I need a full 2inches up. My knees are on or under the frame rail and cant squeeze the tank so I rode yesterday and just hr ago on it riding on my toes holding my legs up the whole time, exhausting!

MV F3 for sale with all the goodies. will ship international

Last edited by GCBC; 07-08-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

fuk.. thats a good looking weapon right there!

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 04:27 PM

Eric, change the throttle connection type to 'Direct'

It makes the throttle 1:1, it's really ment for Dyno work, but does the same thing as you are after.

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped with ECUstudio
QS & Blipper working with ECUstudio

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 06:32 PM

What have you done to the suspension to make it feel worse than a POS GSXR?.... Seriously though there has to be some kind of ride height issue. I have NEVER ridden a stock or near stock bike as sharp and quick to steer as the f3.
curious on your front & rear ride heights.

Glad you manage to get it running though!
Ducati23 likes this.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
What have you done to the suspension to make it feel worse than a POS GSXR?.... Seriously though there has to be some kind of ride height issue. I have NEVER ridden a stock or near stock bike as sharp and quick to steer as the f3.

well my new gsxr 1000is setup perfect and only bike thats been running this yr so it got all my deveelopemtn and tuning attention. so ...
literally best bike ive ridden.. period. if anyone could give setup tips or 180lbs In gear for it and ive got a "custom setup ohlins rear" and stock front end... Its on maximum rebound dampening or max slow and its still little fast, even tho the spring rate is not quite stiff enough so the valving needs redone or thicker oil perhaps.... also Pirelli DSC Sc1/sc2 track not street tires and a 180/60 rear as well. which also increased rear ride height.

-as for front height its forks are in the triples same spot from factory

-no throttle adjustment for direct on ecu studio for the f3 it looks like

Last edited by GCBC; 07-09-2018 at 09:01 AM.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 12:56 PM

dont EVER set the throttle to direct instead of ECU controlled as you will get all sorts of other issues unless you know what you are doing!

MV F3 800 / 2014 / Quick shift up AND down working
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Glad you like the GSXR and managed to make it how you want... Once you get the F3 set up right, you will laugh at yourself for thinking the GSXR handles even remotely in the same league.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Glad you like the GSXR and managed to make it how you want... Once you get the F3 set up right, you will laugh at yourself for thinking the GSXR handles even remotely in the same league.
I hope, I keep hearing "it makes a jap 600 feel like a hayabusa"
once the rearsets come in im sure it will turn dramatically better because ill be able to clamp to the bike much easier and have zero weight on the bars like you should. then ill be able to reassess

Last edited by GCBC; 07-09-2018 at 06:27 PM.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 03:46 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCBC View Post
Quote:

well my new gsxr 1000is setup perfect and only bike thats been running this yr so it got all my deveelopemtn and tuning attention. so ...
literally best bike ive ridden.. period. if anyone could give setup tips or 180lbs In gear for it and ive got a "custom setup ohlins rear" and stock front end... Its on maximum rebound dampening or max slow and its still little fast, even tho the spring rate is not quite stiff enough so the valving needs redone or thicker oil perhaps.... also Pirelli DSC Sc1/sc2 track not street tires and a 180/60 rear as well. which also increased rear ride height.

-as for front height its forks are in the triples same spot from factory

-no throttle adjustment for direct on ecu studio for the f3 it looks like
In the track they use the front lower than the rear but that leads to out of the curve the front is a little unstable. For the road follow manufacture instructions and adjust at your wheight. I had a F3 675 and it fells like a bike with a motor. No problem in the handling. Super light and easy to ride. A big boys toy.

Best Regards,
Luis Miguel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lmmperalt; 07-11-2018 at 06:12 AM.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Well I got the rear sets in and they are absolutely not taller than oem at all. Not even a little.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode