TC & ABS question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

TC & ABS question

Can anyone shed some light on the functional parameters for each of the 8 traction control settings and/or each of the ABS settings? The Users Manual seems only to describe how to change the settings but offers no explanation of what the effects of these changes are.

For example...what physical reaction does the bike have in TC setting 1 as opposed to setting 8? I know it is 8 levels of intervention with 1 being least and 8 being most, but how is that intervention manifested and how is each setting differentiated from the next?

On ABS modes, the brochures say "with Race mode". What exactly is race mode? how does it differ from "road mode"? Nothing I can see in the MV manuals details any of this. Do any ABS settings deactivate intervention on the rear wheel?

From experience with BMW and Ducati manuals they go into a lot of detail about how the systems work and the actual effect each setting will have on the control, if both wheels are effected or just front etc but the MV manuals seem only to say how to change the settings and little else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 07:50 AM

in short: any level above 2 of TC will have a major impact on the track, the harder you ride it the lower you will want to set it.
ABS: street mode:
way too aggressive, even with "normal" braking it is always triggered once the rear wheel might think about getting light
race mode: rear wheel lift is allowed up to a certain angle, no ABS for rear wheel
off = off

MV F3 800 / 2014 / Quick shift up AND down working
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 01:46 PM

New Site Garage
I noticed abs on the rear in race mode. I have a 2014 f3 800 if that matters. I tested in the rain on very slick surface deliberately to see what it did back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalem View Post
in short: any level above 2 of TC will have a major impact on the track, the harder you ride it the lower you will want to set it.
ABS: street mode:
way too aggressive, even with "normal" braking it is always triggered once the rear wheel might think about getting light
race mode: rear wheel lift is allowed up to a certain angle, no ABS for rear wheel
off = off

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all. Got the following from my dealer who says he got it from MV technical:-

1-2 Racing mode
3-4 Road riding
4-6 Rain mode
7-8 Extreme weather condition [Not advised in dry conditions as will react with eshock]
ABS on this bike is either on or off. Some models have a racing ABS mode that basically allows a more aggressive brake application before the ABS operates

FYI
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 08:47 AM

Abs in race mode most certainly works on the rear (14 675) the one time my bike was running. Normal abs will get you killed. Was constantly activating when decelerating and turn right ex at a green turn signal arrow and bikes not slowing down
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 03:27 PM

I cant ride my bike with TC more than 02.

01 is where its at most times.

Bear mind, mine is a 675 so just imagine how intrusive it would be on the 800...

I noticed every time MV released a new map , I would have to reduce the TC. I used to be able to ride it at 5, now it is literately impossible to ride at such a high TC level.

Mine does not have ABS so no comment there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode