800 test at Road America results... - Page 4 - MVAgusta.net
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
seriously, ride a 13+ 675R Daytona...
I would love to ride one, but the new look doesn't do anything for me. The two best looking machines are F3 and 848/1098/1198 in my eyes. F4's are great too but I can't afford that and don't need that much power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Well the 848 didn't do it for me.... My friend thinks I've totally lost my mind haha. A buddy of mine has been looking at bikes with me and listening to my never ending wavering back and forth on what bike to buy. I tried to run to the MV dealer but didn't have enough time. It would have been nice to ride one and sit on the other to see if how they feel. The seating position (restricted) on the 848 really killed it for me. As I recall the MV was much freer.

After reviewing my original post and thinking back to my experience, the F3 still seems like it should hit all the marks with some massaging. Funny thing is I took my friends '17 RSV4 RR around the block and really liked it. It was amazingly refined and smooth. It didn't act like it was going to kill me or anything.... He has a '12 as well so there may be some more extensive demo action in the future. I was surprised, last time I rode it I wasn't that impressed.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Which brings me to my next question. Those of you that track your F3's. How have they been holding up? Have you noticed more things needed to be addressed when it's service time, besides those of you with dropped valves .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 04:22 PM

Nothing wrong with a RSV4... used to own one, great sportbike package and I think they are the best sounding bike out there!
Ducati23 and Strider78rr like this.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I just got home from another track day. But on the way up there was an F3 800 that I knew was for sale. I was able to contact the seller to have a look at it. He was gracious enough to let me take it for a spin on the street. I put the bike in normal mode and TC off. Ok now THAT is what I was expecting this bike to be like. I only rode a few blocks and was like "yep this it the shit right here." Definitely needs a steering damper!!!!

When I got to the hotel that night I fired up the credit unions app and applied for a loan. Its a '14 with 900 miles (still has warranty coverage) on it with SC project CRT exhaust (not chuffed about the exhaust so it will be for sale). It does not have an upgraded battery in it at the moment so that will be on the list. $8,000.

I'll keep you all informed if it does happen.
cruiser, Ducati23 and jdgun like this.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 05:20 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider78rr View Post
I just got home from another track day. But on the way up there was an F3 800 that I knew was for sale. I was able to contact the seller to have a look at it. He was gracious enough to let me take it for a spin on the street. I put the bike in normal mode and TC off. Ok now THAT is what I was expecting this bike to be like. I only rode a few blocks and was like "yep this it the shit right here." Definitely needs a steering damper!!!!

When I got to the hotel that night I fired up the credit unions app and applied for a loan. Its a '14 with 900 miles (still has warranty coverage) on it with SC project CRT exhaust (not chuffed about the exhaust so it will be for sale). It does not have an upgraded battery in it at the moment so that will be on the list. $8,000.

I'll keep you all informed if it does happen.
Good stuff - getting it into the correct settings for testing is pivotal. Glad you finally got to test one properly - best of success.

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Correct. I was told by the owner that he just leaves the bike in the settings that he races it in as it is not on the streets anymore. I maybe foolishly assumed he knew what he was doing haha. The video was for reference of Road America so people could see what kind of track it is. I thought I mentioned that the bike wasn't mine woops. I'll fix it for future reference.
One other thing is the TC may be set too high. That track doesn’t place a premium on losing traction, only really ever got the rear spinning at Turns 5,6,12 and the last turn. You can get by with the lowest setting, if you’re experienced enough.

The QS is brutal. The motor should be smoother. Also, I’ve found the bike to be very sensitive to setup. If the guy has it tuned to turn quickly, that may effect the stability needed at that track.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Well the Bank isn't too keen on giving me the loan due to my Mortgage. So I guess I'll be sticking with my FJR and CBR600RR for the time being. See if I can save some $$$ and pay down some other debt. I'm disappointed but kinda relieved. I wasn't sure how good of an idea this was in for the first place hahaha. Thanks for all the input everyone!!!!!
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 06:21 PM

New Site Garage
Seems obvious that the CBR would not be needed if the F3 800 was bought! Not sure what it is worth but that would be less of a financial hit.... hmmm.

Quote:
Well the Bank isn't too keen on giving me the loan due to my Mortgage. So I guess I'll be sticking with my FJR and CBR600RR for the time being. See if I can save some $$$ and pay down some other debt. I'm disappointed but kinda relieved. I wasn't sure how good of an idea this was in for the first place hahaha. Thanks for all the input everyone!!!!!

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Well the CBR is paid for and practically indestructible, also much less painful to crash. Also everyone is so brainwashed by R6's that you can't give away CBR's at the moment. Fine with because I like it. I would like another bike with a little more oomph and that is basically a trophy bike. Thinking about it a F3 675 with a tune and full exhaust is about 20 or so more hp than my CBR. The idea of a 1000 is great but in practice I'm not sure that I really need/want one.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode