post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider78rr View Post
Are you in Minnesota?

Sorry man out in Oregon.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
@Strider78rr are you dealing with Heinen's in Minnesota? I would guess their batteries ARE all dead. They don't maintain bikes on their sales floor (and store them out doors in the winter when it's sled sales season).

Very few big dealers carrying primarily Jap brands allow demo rides. It's a lawyer and insurance thing. Take a trip to another dealer that is Eurocentric and buy from them.

If you do buy from Heinen's make sure you get a NEW Yuasa battery in the bike at delivery. Write it in the sales contract. You will be buying one yourself, after a lot of aggravation, if they get the original dead battery going to deliver it to you....or put a sub-standard cheapo battery in.

If you do not have the passion and lust to want an MV regardless then you should probably buy some more commonplace bike.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I have the lust for one that is for sure. I just have no idea what Iím getting myself into which makes it difficult to take the 8-10k plunge. I understand itís not going to be like my CBR track bike and will require extra attention, so will an 848/1098/1198. The Ducati support network here is pretty damn killer so Iím not too concerned, well getting my wallet totally obliterated is a concern but I at least know it will be done right.

I like that the bikes are rare but maybe they are a bit too rare for me. I have been riding for 10 years and doing track days most of that time. I know 2 people that have them and have seen a total of 3 at the track in that time. I imagine on the road Iíve hardly seen more than that. Iím pretty damn sure that even if I bought an 1198s and I saw an F3 at a stop light I would still be a little bummed.

A good demo will tell me if it lights my fire or not. I have demoed an S1000RR and an RSV4 recently and they donít really do anything for me. They mostly make me wonder what the point of having one on the streets is hahaha.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 05:28 PM

So I recently took the plung and bought a F300 800 2018! I Test rode an older model (pre 2015) with a few mods and it seamed pretty sweet, I didn’t want a Panigale as they’re getting rather popular (maybe that says something) and I’m not a fan of the twin sound track.

There’s nothing quite like pulling into your local cafe and having everyone eye balling your shiny MV!

I too was undecided between the 675 and 800. 800 is the way to go if your using it as a road bike and occasional track toy, more tourque which makes it easier for your Sunday hangover jolly.

The 800 isn’t quite as fast as I like it be either, my friend has a 2017 R6 (standard) and he’ll be at my side all the way through the gears, up to the redline. Taking into consideration I have a few more claimed ponies and I wiegh less. Which leads to me think how the 675 would perform?

Now the 800 is not slow by any means and at the cuircit my mv has the edge on the R6 (most of it on braking performance) but for £4000 less that R6 seams a bargain and you could buy an awful lot of goodies with your extra saving.

Yes the mv vibrates and chatters, gets hot and starts to cook your inner thy in traffic, mine likes to cut out on idle, almost as if someone as hit the cut off, but that’s character (isn’t it?) which the jap stuff hasn’t got.

Nothing sounds better than a triple ripping it down the road so everyone in a 5 mile radius is forced to hear it! And that’s why I bought one.
esq'z me likes this.
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 07:31 PM

New Site Garage
Cutting out at idle and not really faster than R6 makes me think something is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampardrm View Post
So I recently took the plung and bought a F300 800 2018! I Test rode an older model (pre 2015) with a few mods and it seamed pretty sweet, I didnít want a Panigale as theyíre getting rather popular (maybe that says something) and Iím not a fan of the twin sound track.

Thereís nothing quite like pulling into your local cafe and having everyone eye balling your shiny MV!

I too was undecided between the 675 and 800. 800 is the way to go if your using it as a road bike and occasional track toy, more tourque which makes it easier for your Sunday hangover jolly.

The 800 isnít quite as fast as I like it be either, my friend has a 2017 R6 (standard) and heíll be at my side all the way through the gears, up to the redline. Taking into consideration I have a few more claimed ponies and I wiegh less. Which leads to me think how the 675 would perform?

Now the 800 is not slow by any means and at the cuircit my mv has the edge on the R6 (most of it on braking performance) but for £4000 less that R6 seams a bargain and you could buy an awful lot of goodies with your extra saving.

Yes the mv vibrates and chatters, gets hot and starts to cook your inner thy in traffic, mine likes to cut out on idle, almost as if someone as hit the cut off, but thatís character (isnít it?) which the jap stuff hasnít got.

Nothing sounds better than a triple ripping it down the road so everyone in a 5 mile radius is forced to hear it! And thatís why I bought one.
Strider78rr likes this.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 08:26 PM

New Site Garage
Strider78rr

I rode the 2016 800 on (road) for several days, and agree with the team above, the mapping and suspension must be set for your ride style. The 800 had torque to burn and provided outstanding road feedback without rattling me to pieces. The issues that have been described appear to come from poorly set-up platforms. I also recently took a 675 on a decent track run, the 675 was setup for track and was absolute weapon.

I came away with the following impression.
Applying the 80/20 rule, if your spending more on the road, then definitely the 800 have more useable power. A dedicated Track or 80% track use would see me select the 675.
Strider78rr likes this.

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 07:49 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampardrm View Post
Nothing sounds better than a triple ripping it down the road so everyone in a 5 mile radius is forced to hear it! And that’s why I bought one.
@Lampardrm: Then you, sir, are an asshole of the highest order and you will be a contributing factor is the demise of motorcycling.:ban ghead::rant :
Ducati23 likes this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Last edited by silentservice703; 07-24-2018 at 08:11 AM.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Iím sure either bike would be amazing after the Corse ECU or a reflash. Iíve been here before, and with almost the same players. Back in the day it was Daytona 675 and 848. I got a demo of the D675 but couldnít get an 848 demo, so I bought the Daytona. Great bike but I couldnít ride it hard due to its nervousness which now I imagine I could fix since I know something about suspension. I did eventually get an 848 demo and realized I bought the wrong bike. I donít particularly want to do that again. But Iím once more being forced into one thing.

There is an outside chance that when I go look at this 848 tomorrow and hopefully ride it I wonít be into it. Then I will likely plunk down thto cash on the MV and cross my fingers......
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 11:49 AM

seriously, ride a 13+ 675R Daytona...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode