2018 F3 800 RC "kit" ECU ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

2018 F3 800 RC "kit" ECU ?

Hey guys, so I finally got around to installing the SC project exhaust that came with the F3 800 RC model. It came with an ECU- does anyone know what this ECU does as I assume it's tuned to the included exhaust? Is it plug and play ready to go?

Anything else I should be aware of?

For the guys who have done this swap to this exhaust and ECU- what changes did you notice?

Thanks again guys, the advice and comments are always appreciated.
Cheers~

Steve Nunez
Professional Airbrush Artist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 01:30 AM

I have a 2018 dragster rc. I did the swap. If you noticed, midrange with the exhaust on the stock ecu is a little rough. Also it will run slightly rich giving you some backfire. With the “race” ecu supplied, the power seems smoother than stock, and you feel the top end. 2nd gear lifts the front tire like 1st gear does stock. It’s quite difficult to remove the tank, ESPECIALLY with the steering stabilizer millimeters from the tank. After the 6 bolts are removed from the tank, there are 2 vacuum hoses directly under the tank that you can sneak your hand theough the frame to remove, I then took some rags to cover the 2 metal tabs at thebfeont of the tank to prevent scratching. I did not completely remove the tank, i just set it to the side carefully with rags between the bike and the tank.
Attached Images

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 06:59 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNunez View Post
Hey guys, so I finally got around to installing the SC project exhaust that came with the F3 800 RC model. It came with an ECU- does anyone know what this ECU does as I assume it's tuned to the included exhaust?
The kit ECU changes the fuel mapping to match the changes made in the flow characteristics of the engine caused by the change in exhaust system..... Wouldn't be included if it wasn't needed.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you guys- very helpful.

Steve Nunez
Professional Airbrush Artist

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode