Few questions from a new F3 800 RC owner~ - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Few questions from a new F3 800 RC owner~

Hey guys, so I finally got a chance to ride (maiden) the F3 800 RC today for about an hour or so and the bike felt very buzzy- is that the typical feel of the bike or will it smooth out as the engine breaks in? (My hands went numb.)

Also my right mirror doesn't seem to be as adjustable as the left- I've tried pushing the mirror and it simply wont get into a good position to see rearward as the other does- is this adjustable internally (I see a small hole in the booth of the mirror housing- adjustable??)

I purchased 2 containers of Engine Ice and I thought I'd eventually flush out the coolant the F3 has and replace with Engine Ice as it has always been a great product and always reduced my operating temps on my Ducati's........any opinions on doing this? (Does the F3 800 run hot?)

Aside from the buzzy engine- the bike's small feel makes me think I made the right choice in purchasing it over the Ducati V4.
(I should mention there's a lowering link installed and perhaps that might be contributing to the buzzy feel- but I'm thinking this is probably not the case- but thought I'd mention it.)

Any recommendations to a fellow F3 800 owner? Any issues I should be watchful of?

Thanks guys- this is truly a great resource for all MV Agusta owners; have a great weekend guys!
Cheers~~

Steve Nunez
Professional Airbrush Artist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 08:23 PM

New Site Garage
What do you mean by buzzy? This isn't something very descriptive to me. As far as hands going numb, get some better bar ends and better grips. It will be a night and day improvement. Get a better exhaust system too and let her really breathe.

As far as the coolant, I also use Engine Ice but don't expect some tremendous drop in temps. The engine will always run hot. Just make sure you also use a good quality oil, I like Castrol myself.

Once you get comfortable with the bike, you'll begin to appreciate just how amazingly nimble the F3 can be once you get the suspension tuned and your tires broken in. Taking corners on the track never felt so amazing as when I took mine out the first couple times. It's absolutely a joy every time I'm out there.

2015 F3 800
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I guess grips and end weights could change things a bit....thanks for that suggestion.
Thanks for the reply.

Steve Nunez
Professional Airbrush Artist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 11:03 PM

I always felt my F4 was also a bit 'buzzy' at the higher revs so did change to MV Corse bar ends and Pro Grip 717. In my opinion the Pro Grips are the best, they dont last very long but they are not expensive and offer a much better feel.

Either I have got used to it or it has reduced somewhat with the above minor mods.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
F3 675 2012 Full Track Bike
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to jhollis For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 10:18 PM

New Site Garage
Make sure chain isn't too tight since the lowering link was put in place. Its possible the chain is making the vibration. But, this is a buzzy bike. Mirrors vibrate to the point I can't really tell who is in it but just that there is something there.

My bike does vibrate differently depending on octane used and outside temps. Make sure to use ethanol free and 93 octane in the US.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 02:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Where did you find that octane rating recommendation? I just perused the User Manuals for both the B3 and the F3 and the only reference I found was for 95 R.O.N.

Perhaps it is on a sticker on yo0ur bike? 95 R.O.N. is equivalent to 91 R=M/2 or AKI

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 04:27 PM

New Site Garage
You are right that it is only 91 in the manual and normally I don't recommend higher than what engine asks for. However, I have noticed my bike does run smoother on 93 US vs 91 US octane ethanol free. I've gone back and forth and have tried 3 different gas stations with this result.

Using the least amount of octane needed delivers the most power without wasting money in normal circumstances. But, every engine is different and it may be that the ECU will push timing as needed based on feedback from the 'ion sensing technology'. Octane rating is all about knock prevention as you must be well aware of so I'm not just saying 93 thinking the highest is the best. It normally is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Where did you find that octane rating recommendation? I just perused the User Manuals for both the B3 and the F3 and the only reference I found was for 95 R.O.N.

Perhaps it is on a sticker on yo0ur bike? 95 R.O.N. is equivalent to 91 R=M/2 or AKI
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 09:01 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
It is interesting because the US bike manuals do not specify octane rating.

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 10:41 AM

Steve, I feel I can give you some honest feedback based on your question of the buzz your feeling with the bike, after all we have owned all the same bikes the last 11 years.

Yes the F3 800 is a bit buzzy especially under 6g.. The way the motor transmits vibration through the frame and then bars is different, maybe due to the reverse rotating crank, it is after all a stroked supersport, with reduced redline?
Feels to mimic the new R1 to me in some regards to engine buzz.
After having my ecu flashed the bike is noticeably better on fueling (stock was pathetic) and less buzzy.

just some food for thought, do not let her run below 5000rpm Steve, not much pull from below that anyways.
Strider78rr and Strider78rr like this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 02:44 PM

New Site Garage
My bike came with a users manual with many different languages. In the section GB (Great Britain) it says 95 RON in the refueling section. Is there a specific US only owners manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
It is interesting because the US bike manuals do not specify octane rating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode