F3 replacement mirrors - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

F3 replacement mirrors

Morning lads!

I'm after a little advice, it's been asked before and I believe I've read all the threads but I've seen no clear answers, or perhaps the ones I'm after just don't exist!

Other than Rizoma Veloce L's, are there are decent aftermarket fairing mounted, indicator included wing mirrors for the F3?

I like the Rizoma's, but I'm unsure I can justify the asking of around $600 NZD for a set of mirrors, I'd be keen to see any other good options but I can't find much.

My mirror decided it was time to fall off of it's own accord when commuting home the other day. I've stolen another set from a friend in the meantime but I'll need to find a better solution going forward, and I'm not a fan of bar end mirrors, I do actually want to see behind me.

Cheers in advanced for any possible advice/options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 05:26 PM

New Site Garage
How come it fell off on its own. Isnt it hold on by a bolt?

I believe barracuda makes some mirrors with indicators, but roughly same price point I believe.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
How come it fell off on its own. Isnt it hold on by a bolt?

I believe barracuda makes some mirrors with indicators, but roughly same price point I believe.
The bolted bracket itself stayed attached, the plastic arms of the mirror itself decided to snap while riding along. No knocks or impacts, just went to check my mirror and it was hanging down the side attached by nothing but the indicator wiring :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 04:07 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcP92 View Post
The bolted bracket itself stayed attached, the plastic arms of the mirror itself decided to snap while riding along. No knocks or impacts, just went to check my mirror and it was hanging down the side attached by nothing but the indicator wiring :P
damn...thats weird.
You found a solution already?, If I were you buy a new set of OEM mirrors.

Saw a picture the other day which makes perfect sense

Try your dealer or OEM Spare parts for MV Agusta motorcycles
natemmac and natemmac like this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 06:59 AM

Slightly off topic, but adre you sure it hasn't had a knock? They are pretty sturdy. I've had them apart and I can't see how it would just fall off.

Anyhow, back on topic. There are a few mirrors off eBay that may fit. The Veloce L's are super expensive, but very good. Aside from the mounting kit. The plastic and foam plinths are terrible for the price.

You could maybe try 08+ Fireblade mirrors as they looke to have a similar mount when I looked. Then I landed a set of Veloce's for 100. So I never went any further.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 07:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
This is interesting because on the first gen F4, that interface has a bolted connection. I can't tell from the parts diagram, but are you certain that a nut simply did not vibrate loose and cause the joint to fail?

Perhaps @R1andrew will chime in here...I know he's had these mirrors apart before.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 09:58 AM

New Site Garage
I do not recall how they are connected. Getting to old to remember that far back. lol. If you can take a better picture of where the mirror came apart. Does it appear to have any broken tabs or areas.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 08:22 PM

Hi JMcP92
Great to connect with a fellow Kiwi.

I've put the Rizoma mirrors on my F3 and they really are a quality item that look WAY better than the giant OEM rabbit ears, IMO. ;-)

Check out buying them from CarpiMoto where you will get the set for much less than $600:
Rizoma Veloce L Sport Mirror included

The pricing and service they've given me has been EXTRAORDINARY. Parts in stock and FREE 3-5 day shipping to Aus!

And no, I have no relationship to them or vested interest. Just a VERY happy customer.

Another option is I can sell you the brand new OEM mirrors that I took off my F3? Say $50+shipping for both? You would need to reconnect the OEM wiring connector plug because I cut it off to use with the Rizoma Veloce's.

Last edited by sonusfabiker; 01-25-2018 at 10:18 PM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 08:58 PM

New Site Garage
Mine didn't come completely apart but as I was opening mine up you could see that the vibration had fatigued the metal tube. I had a new OEM one coming so didn't bother trying to come up with a fix.

You probably have had vibrations either from the motor or even wheel balance. I've also had road debris hit and previous owner must have made contact in a garage or something. Anyway, vibrations will lead to a broken mirror like yours.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonusfabiker View Post
Hi JMcP92
Great to connect with a fellow Kiwi.

I've put the Rizoma mirrors on my F3 and they really are a quality item that look WAY better than the giant OEM rabbit ears, IMO. ;-)

Check out buying them from CarpiMoto where you will get the set for much less than $600:
Rizoma Veloce L Sport Mirror included

The pricing and service they've given me has been EXTRAORDINARY. Parts in stock and FREE 3-5 day shipping to Aus!

And no, I have no relationship to them or vested interest. Just a VERY happy customer.

Another option is I can sell you the brand new OEM mirrors that I took off my F3? Say $50+shipping for both? You would need to reconnect the OEM wiring connector plug because I cut it off to use with the Rizoma Veloce's.
How much did you end up getting these for? The price listed is for one mirror, meaning for both with adapters and harness wires you'd still be looking at $550 + shipping

I've got a spare set of factory mirrors from a friend at the moment, but hank you for the offer Just trying to work out the best plan going forward!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode