Considering a F3 800 or a Panagale 899/959 - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Established Member

Thumbs up

Superb responses- thanks guys.
I drove to Miami today and visited Unique Superbike and they let me sit on a F3 800 RC.....it was high for me (1 foot down and on toes at that) but the dealer told me they'd install a lowering link free of charge if I bought the bike........I'm thinking on this real hard tonight as I want a bike in the garage by the weekend........so far the 800 RC is tugging away at me as the Ducati V4 isn't available locally at the moment.
The struggle is do I wait for the V4 which will likely be a bit large for me- but I've been riding for years and have owned an RSV4, 1199, 1198, 1098 etc (tons of other bikes) and really love the exotics but have never owned an MV Agusta (but my brother had the original Strada 750 F4).......I really wanted a Bimota but they're out of business and near impossible to find. I think I can manage the V4 just fine but I think the physical fit of the RC800 would be better.

Do you guys have any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks again guys......I'm leaning towards the F3 800RC! (pun intended!)

As a side question, I was told if I bought the F3 800 RC (nearly $19K) I would receive a slip-on race exhaust and cover and small tidbits- does anyone know what those tidbits are exactly? (I'm guessing these are included with the sale of the RC version?)

Thanks again~

(If I get the RC I'll do some paintings of them and see if you guys might be in the market for some art as that's what I do- Art of Steve Nunez)
Attached Images

Steve Nunez
Professional Airbrush Artist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 10:12 AM

Well being your from NY, I could not recommend a MV f3 800 for you...

How have you been Steve?

Just seen you posting in here & pretty sure we have owned almost all the same bikes over the last 12 years. The F3 800 is a pretty stellar ride, and one that once you address a few things becomes truly sensational, for the task at hand. as you found out, the bike is a bit tall, but thin. lower seat height and width than the triumph 675s. if you wnt to get some attention the F3 with exhaust sounds pretty damn good! I think you fill end up getting the ecu reflashed as the stock mapping and response is SOFT... hit me up more than happy to chat about the bike.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 07:00 PM

New Site Garage
I think earlier this year Unique Superbike had one of the best new MV's available for sale. I've been down to Miami a few times and a friend of mine lives there. Takes pics and sends so I can be jealous and upset! But, I'm never really that jealous since Miami roads just don't have twists and turns. But they do have plenty track days.

Anyway, I'm surprised that there was no V4 in Miami... or maybe you are saying just not at Unique SBK. I'd try to sit on one but honestly you can make any bike fit but then at that point you aren't really getting the bike in best form. Some compromise in handling would be expected.

Go to the other Ducati shop and sit on the V4... I got an email but can't remember which shop had one. Maybe it was a unfairing display model to get people wanting it? Anyway, the V4 is in showrooms around the US now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Established Member

Hey JD, nice to see you on here, it's been awhile.
I did end up getting the RC and now have it sitting in the garage......I had the dealer put a lowering link on it but it does look a bit too low- may have to raise it a little.

I can't wait to take it for a spin....thanks for all the replies guys.

Cheers~~~
RCEE, RCEE, jdgun and 1 others like this.

Steve Nunez

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 10:00 AM

New Site Garage
Did they also lower the front end? Previous owner of my bike had lowering link and triple clamps lowered on the forks. Congratulations on a great bike! We need pictures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNunez View Post
Hey JD, nice to see you on here, it's been awhile.
I did end up getting the RC and now have it sitting in the garage......I had the dealer put a lowering link on it but it does look a bit too low- may have to raise it a little.

I can't wait to take it for a spin....thanks for all the replies guys.

Cheers~~~
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 10:09 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
How was Unique SBk to deal with?

I am planning on taking a trip across the alley to look at a Brutale they have.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 06:44 PM

New Site Garage
My experience with all Miami dealerships is that they really don't try. I think because demand for nice cars and bikes is high they just sit back and stuff sells. The buyers in Miami are typically not the same kind of riders as other places. Can't blame them... roads are all straight.

My friend got his dragster rr from Ocala I think and the guy delivered it to him off a truck himself. Very different levels of customer service between the different places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotfolk View Post
How was Unique SBk to deal with?

I am planning on taking a trip across the alley to look at a Brutale they have.
gotfolk and gotfolk like this.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 08:43 PM
Established Member

Leo the owner was a nice fellow and had the bike delivered to me (free) yesterday night (I bought it earlier that day) and installed the lowering link free of charge (didn't charge me for the link either!) The only hiccup was the driver forgot the stand (from the accessories package that's included with the 2018 RC version) but immediately offered to bring it to me the next day (which would have been another 60 mile roundtrip- so I arranged to have him drop it off at my daughter's school which was a few miles away from their shop- which he did do!) The shop guys were all top notch and a very friendly bunch of guys- based on my experience I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.
Leo and the shop guys were very nice and took a liking to the motorcycle art I create and basically bought a Marc Marquez painting from me on the spot (I wont mention the price but it was in the thousands.) I wrote a personal check for the bike and he accepted it without hesitation- basically a hassle-free experience from a racing enthusiast owner. (We talked about WSBK racing and he knew his stuff- I rarely find someone who knows their stuff like he did.)

The shop had more Aprilia's than any other brand but they definitely love their MV's and I believe he said he was the USA's number 1 MV dealer. The shop is on the small side but with Miami's rent and space premium, it must be hard to find a larger location.

The owner and shop guys invited me to ride with their group which primarily ride exotics and I'm eager to meet them and ride.

My recommendation is to call and make sure the model you're interested in is in stock and if so I'd say they'd treat you fairly......don't expect killer deals but I think they might entertain offers near list (as would most dealers.)

Tell them Steve Nunez the artist sent ya~

Here's the painting they bought, they want a Rossi next so I may just paint another Rossi soon.
Attached Images

gotfolk and gotfolk like this.

Steve Nunez

post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 04:33 AM

The RC (At least in the UK) comes with a SC Project exhaust which is unique and mapped. It comes with seat cowl, Rear licence plate kit, fancy footpegs, the paint obv and the polished and number top yoke.
Attached Images

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 07:21 AM

New Site Garage
Well done and congratulations on a very nice bike.

1120 F4RC -2017 MOTUL. Euro 3. The last of the best of the best!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode