Why is the F3 Oro not keeping its value? - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Why is the F3 Oro not keeping its value?

I say one Oro only make it to $14,000 with the reserve not met.

This one with only 4 miles did not even make it to $10,000.

2013 MV Agusta F3 675 Oro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 12:52 PM

New Site Garage
no demand likely

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 12:57 PM

New Site Garage
How much are '14 F3-800's going for? If they're in the same ballpark, could be that a 'limited edition' 675 is less desirable than a regular 800.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 04:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Just about to p/x my F3 800 RC, coming up to two years old with 10,000 miles on the clock. Excellent offer of just over2000, less than what I paid for it new
Attached Images

Hubbinator and Hubbinator like this.

Last edited by Bruce Taylor; 10-10-2017 at 05:01 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 05:06 PM

New Site Garage
As far as limited edition motorcycles, it seems to me that when a manufacturer puts out a limited edition of their highest spec model, it does better than a limited edition of a lower spec model. Ducati, for example, put out two limited edition Monsters in the mid-2000's using their lowest spec model (Monster 620) and not only did they not sell particularly well when new, neither held value well. Thus, since the F3-675 is the lowest spec model of the F3 series (though maybe it was the only F3 in 2013), it may not hold value if my theory is applicable.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 04:19 PM

R1 Andrew i can give you several that will keep plenty of people away...

Reliability
Dealer support
Plenty of online and magazine articles talking about how shit the fueling is, and worthless the TC and other things are on the bike.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
R1 Andrew i can give you several that will keep plenty of people away...

Reliability
Dealer support
Plenty of online and magazine articles talking about how shit the fueling is, and worthless the TC and other things are on the bike.
I have a F3 Ago. So I have no problem with the fueling or TC.

Dealer support? I have a set of balls and do most all the maintenance myself. Not like the Millennials which need an app to tell them how to feel good about themselves and what to like.

Reliability, like most Limited editions. I really doubt that most will ever get many miles on them.

If I had the money I would get one in a heart beat.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 04:24 PM

if there is no warranty to void i will do all my own work as well, and prior to this bike I fabricated all kinds of goodies and mods for my rides.

Limited edition should never mean less reliable, we are way past the point in motorcycles that there should EVER be issues such as cranks snapping in R1's, Dropping valves on F3's, or other major issues some of the other major brands have had, ductai, BMW, kawasaki, triumph.

beside the paint on the F3 ORO & a signature there really is nothing to say that makes it special, more like the base models are lackign a bit for the $ (no ohlins suspension or forged wheels)

As for millenials, they like the idea of owning and riding more than actually doing it...
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
I say one Oro only make it to $14,000 with the reserve not met.

This one with only 4 miles did not even make it to $10,000.

2013 MV Agusta F3 675 Oro

Andrew, the bike you linked to was originally a Canadianbike. The dealer had been asking $32,000 CND but I understand it sold foraround $26000 CND.

Knowing all the problems I have had with my early model F3 andseeing as I never rev it over 10,000 rpms now hoping to avoid valve failure Iget the reluctance to pay a premium for the ORO. I agree, Id have bought onein heart beat given the cost of the upgrades but Im now an older, wiser, outof work and BROKE rider. As much as I may lust after an ORO, Id not pay theasking price just for it to sit on display.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 05:45 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Hi @Stephen W. ..... haven't seen you around here in a while. Hope all is OK.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode