Quickshifter - Information Required - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Question Quickshifter - Information Required

Hi fellow F3 lovers ,

Firstly, I am sorry if I am about to ask something which has already been answered to. I have gone through the threads and have not come across the info I seek.

I love my F3, cannot think of anything better and to make it a bit more fun, I want to install a Quickshifter.

I have the early F3 675 from June 2012 (The manufacturing date) and it is not a version with the EAS. Currently I am in a situation where I can buy the genuine quickshifter from MV for a good price and before I go ahead and do this, I wanted to know from the Gurus if I can equip my bike with it. How to know if it has the necessary hardware for this to work. I can see the options in the Menu for switching on and off the quickshifter but accorrding to the photo I have from the seller, there is a plug which needs to be connected in order for this to function (logical). How do I check if I have the connector on my bike to connect this plug ? Where do I find it and how do I reach it ? A picture would also help for orientation.

Before I go out and shell the money, would be helpful to know this. Thanks guys!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Hi,

This should not be a problem, you should find a 3 pin connector[see pic] behind the lock [left side of the bike] of the rear seat.

The OEM part number is 8A00B6940 [This is the kit WITH appropirate rod] and will cost about 575 ex VAT your best bet from germany might be Star Twin

Foud on ebay:
MV AGUSTA F3 675 quick shifter mv675 quick shifter not the link bar | eBay

Unfortunally this guy seems to sell it without rod if i read this correctly.

Alternativly you could buy the ECU Studio "racing kit" [contains a QS + Software + Hardware] with this kit you will be able to activate the downshift blipper option also, but requires additional ECU Flashing.
More Info: http://www.ecustudio.com/bikes/MV/F3.html#!/
Attached Images

Luerlock and Luerlock like this.

Last edited by RCEE; 08-07-2017 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Hi!,

One of the many reasons I love this community! SO much information.
Thanks a tonne for this valuable info and for the fast response. This helps immensely. I was not sure if the 2012 model was capable for a auto blipper. You are right, I would prefer to go for the ECU Studio option. Makes more sense. I have been thinking about using bike for some track days as well but have not mustered the strength for it. In case I put her down, would just pain a lot.
Eventually I if i do go in the track, the ECU Studio gives me a wider customisation.

P.S: Thanks for the tip for Star Trading

Happy and safe riding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 11:54 PM

New Site Garage
NK140 is selling a factory quickshifter at the moment for $75.00 which seems like a steal!!

Link below:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/23-a/2...-part-out.html

Chris
Tasty F3

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tasty F3; 08-08-2017 at 08:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tasty F3 For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 12:56 AM

Luerlock if you need additional information just send me a message or send me your number via PM if you prefer talking (in German) about this.
also where in Germany are you located? I already have the ECU Studio solution up and running! so you can potentially save a lot of money there!

if you go for the ECU Studio solution you need to run one additional cable to the plug and disassemble it, otherwise the "new" sensor won't work!

MV F3 800 / 2014 / Quick shift up AND down working
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 09:13 AM

New Site Garage
I seem to remember a discussion here a while back that the OEM one from MV is made by Starlane....not the greatest.

OP if you're going to be buying your own qs, why not get a better one? HM for example. I'm considering buying an HM myself to add the ability for downshift once I get a race ecu.

2015 F3 800
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys ! ! @TastyF3: seems like a pretty sweet deal. The problem could be that he is in the U.S.. I will try to contact him. Good eye that you caught this. @Nepham: Sounds pretty good that there is a working solution you already have. What could be the cost of the whole system (the website mentions around 600 Euros). I will be PMing you with my details.

I plan to go to my garage after my work to have a look at my bike. Like seen in this picture above posted by RCEE, I do not remember seeing such a connector ever, just hanging around on my bike, this is why I am not sure if the very initial f3 675s had the option to connect the quickshifter. Here is hoping that i find one..
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I seem to remember a discussion here a while back that the OEM one from MV is made by Starlane....not the greatest.

OP if you're going to be buying your own qs, why not get a better one? HM for example. I'm considering buying an HM myself to add the ability for downshift once I get a race ecu.
So how i understand, for the ability to have downshifting one must have a race ECU installed ? But that must cost extra I guess..
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 10:02 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luerlock View Post
So how i understand, for the ability to have downshifting one must have a race ECU installed ? But that must cost extra I guess..
No, your stock ecu can handle it (assuming it has 3 wires), but it will need to be flashed with the map for this feature. Most are only capable of the upshift.

2015 F3 800
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 01:57 AM

@Luerlock check behind the frame, all F3's should have this connector, maybe hidden behind the frame by a rubber or so but it should be there!

the price depends a bit. Do you just want a "one-time-flash" with no other things done? You can send me your ECU then or ride to me and we do the flash together so you don't have to buy the cable and stuff.
other than the license you just need to have your bike prepared (sensor and wiring loom prepared), the license for ECU studio and you are good to go!

MV F3 800 / 2014 / Quick shift up AND down working

Tags
beginner, installation, mv f3 675 2012, quickshifter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in