Any other make of frame sliders for f3 - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Any other make of frame sliders for f3

Hi everyone can anyone recommend any frame sliders no cutting involved apart from r&g cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:07 AM

I've not found any in the 4 years I've had my bike. Load of other protection parts, just not the sliders. Also the R&G ones a bl00dy expensive! £150 for MV, £60 for Suzuki.

Same with Techspec Gripster pads, Circa £40 ish for most makes, £90 for MV. I paid £55 or so for my first pair and wanted a new set, not at that price.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:31 AM

I guess it's economy of scale with respect to the bracketry. Lots more GSXR's out there to drive the cost down. The flip side is it's good R&G and similar go to the effort of making bits for lower volume bikes.

I have had R&G on most of my bikes, but seldom buy direct. If you shop around on the web inc shops on ebay you can tend to find them cheaper. Mine for the F4 cost me £80, minor issue with fitment due to ABS brake line routing, but easily overcome.

Also I never fit the R&G logos as I want to keep the F4 looking std.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Established Member

Can't help with the crash bungs.
But you used to be able to by stomp grip on a sheet and cut it yourself,,,,,cheaper option
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I know what ya mean I've noticed most other makes are a lot cheaper , I did purchase a set of r&g frame sliders for it , fitted them as per instructions but when I came to fit the near side fairing panel I found that the puk locating tab was about 6mm one way so I couldn't fit the puk without it pushing on the fairing at the vent opening ? I removed them started again trying to jig the bracket a bit but no joy , so rather than risk my fairing panel cracking I removed them , contacted r&g but they couldn't help , the bracket didn't look like it had been welded in the wrong position ? So f--k knows looked quality as always , did stick out a bit much to for my liking too , cheers for your replies lads appreciated . ROLL ON NICER WEATHER 😜
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:07 PM

As mine is ABS I did have to re route brake hoses. I also machined a little off to relieve a panel touch.

If you still have the kit and can take photos / a measurment or two I can machine / reweld them if you want.

I hate the idea of dropping it without protection.

Oh the bloody weather, just a dry day would help. All my roads are covered in water and mud.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Last edited by dansoarr; 01-08-2017 at 03:18 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Established Member

I've got the R&G kit on mine. I did have to cut about 20mm away from panels, well definetly near side. As it was the track fairings I wasn't bothered.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Cheers for the offer dansoarr 😉 I no longer have the kit I'm in engineering myself so I could have done the alterations myself but didn't like the look of them either . If I could get some puig puks and fit them to the kit it might look better lol but no one but r&g seem to make a no cut kit 😩 Don't know why ??? Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tidemark For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:10 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemark View Post
but no one but r&g seem to make a no cut kit 😩 Don't know why ??? Lol

The reason why is simple. There is no easy, simple, direct way to mount sliders without cutting the fairings.

R&G uses a strong but heavy steel plate assembly and a strong but heavy mount rod to move the sliders into a position that makes use of the fairing openings. This adds a lot of weight for what it is. It also introduces a significant lever effect on the frame where the slider mount plates tighten up against the tube frame sections.

Should a fall produce enough force into the slider without breaking it off - very large strong steel bolts are used - the noted frame section could suffer damage possibly even destroying the frame.

It would be better if the slider mount assemblies were billet aluminum with a steel taper section mounting rod. Also the slider bolts count be reduced or waist designed to break off before the frame bends. This would add considerable expense for a very small volume application. Something like you'd see from Woodcraft or Graves comes to mind.

For such a small volume machine it is not likely that anyone besides R&G will make a slider set like this. The R&G sliders are very good, very strong.

If the weight is an issue you can do what we did (see race bike build F3RC post on this forum) and re-engineer the slider kit plates to be lighter/weaker and for the slider bolts to snap off before enough force is driven into the frame plates to damage the frame, but that is very expensive.

If you don't like R&G's slider pucks you could always modify some from another brand of kit or have a generic set made, it is normally only cheap Delrin and very easy to work with on a lathe.
Best of Luck
Donsy and Donsy like this.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducati23 For This Useful Post:
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Cheers for your advise 👍

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode