F3 675 - Q&A + Tips for Beginners - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By erkan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

F3 675 - Q&A + Tips for Beginners

Hi everyone,

Just received my F3 675.

I have been reading this forum for a while, great knowledge base.
Now I am officially an owner, just wanted say hi and compile a few beginner questions.

It is a March/2015 production but stays at the showroom until June 2016. I am the second owner at 500km and 1,000 km maintenance is scheduled for this week.
  1. Which oil? I have read a few posts about it, but still have questions since even manuals contradict, especially on viscosity.
  2. Battery change? Should I wait for the original one to die or should I be proactive and replace before it dies.
  3. Charger? Is it any good. I ride it once every week.
  4. Sprag clutch? My bike is March 2015 production. So probably it has an older version of the famous sprag clutch. Should I claim a replacement as per service bulletin. Or should I wait until it dies?
  5. MVICS 2.0? How to tell if it has MVICS 2.0? Can I check it by myself?
  6. Slipper clutch whining engine sound? There is a whining sound coming from engine while gently releasing the clutch from standstill. Is this slipper clutch? or anything else?
  7. Any other things that I should mention to my dealer. I don't think they are very experienced on Agusta.

Apart from the listed above, I would really like to hear your suggestions/experiences on storing/maintaining/riding this beauty

Nice to be here. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Best /erkan
cysai.1994 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:42 AM

Hi erkan,

it might help to add some more details to your profile (bike and location) for future assistance

1) just get what your manual states. Depending on your location different oils might be better than others
2) If you keep your battery charged you might avoid having sprag issues
3) your bike should come with a charger, charge it frequently
4) probably it is one of the faulty ones but I can't say for sure the new ones are any better. Just ride it and don't worry, usually you will hear it soon enough and then still have time to react
5) Your bike won't have MVICS2.0 but it might be prepared for up and downshift. Just have a look at the quickshifter sensor. If it says EAS 2.0 you already have the correct sensor and dont need a new one. All you need is a software update then

Can't answer the other questions though
The Following User Says Thank You to Nephalem For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 10:30 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkan View Post
Hi everyone,

Just received my F3 675.

I have been reading this forum for a while, great knowledge base.
Now I am officially an owner, just wanted say hi and compile a few beginner questions.

It is a March/2015 production but stays at the showroom until June 2016. I am the second owner at 500km and 1,000 km maintenance is scheduled for this week.
  1. Which oil? I have read a few posts about it, but still have questions since even manuals contradict, especially on viscosity.
  2. Battery change? Should I wait for the original one to die or should I be proactive and replace before it dies.
  3. Charger? Is it any good. I ride it once every week.
  4. Sprag clutch? My bike is March 2015 production. So probably it has an older version of the famous sprag clutch. Should I claim a replacement as per service bulletin. Or should I wait until it dies?
  5. MVICS 2.0? How to tell if it has MVICS 2.0? Can I check it by myself?
  6. Slipper clutch whining engine sound? There is a whining sound coming from engine while gently releasing the clutch from standstill. Is this slipper clutch? or anything else?
  7. Any other things that I should mention to my dealer. I don't think they are very experienced on Agusta.
Apart from the listed above, I would really like to hear your suggestions/experiences on storing/maintaining/riding this beauty

Nice to be here. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Best /erkan
Welcome sir and I do hope you enjoy the bike. As many owners have found, just about every MV model comes with its own quirks. I might suggest you try to put together a small list of small, consumable OEM parts that you can order ahead of time and have on hand 'just in case'. Many of us are having to wait a month or more for parts to come in.

1) For all 3 cylinder engines, it can handle 5w-40, 10w-40, 10w-50. Still haven't determined yet if 10w-60 is a go yet. For your first oil change and rides getting used to it, I would recommend going with whatever your manual says. Depending on whether you live in a mild or hot climate, you can probably guess which oil weight you could try next. I personally have had good luck with Castrol brand, but others also like Silkolene.

2) Have you actually checked to verify the original BS battery is still there? If it is, yes, new battery is a must. Many here prefer to buy once, cry once and get a lithium one. I also bought new ignition cables when I did mine...something to consider.

3) If you buy a new battery, and assuming it's lithium, just buy whatever charger the battery manufacturer suggests.

4) If your dealer is willing to be proactive, sure I guess it'd be ok. The thing is though that after reading one thread after another for the last year from various owners on this board, it seems that MV doesn't truly have the sprag issue fixed. Sure, there's a bulletin with an updated part number to be used, but does it permanently fix the problem? Answer seems to be no. Everyone does seem to agree though that a good battery in top shape does help out.

5) Check sensor on the bike itself.

6) If it happens every time when being released? Yeah that could be it. Are you sure the cable is adjusted correctly first? Check that over, and if it persists then ask the dealer to investigate.

7) Check for surging throttle. This is most often experienced when the bike is at low speed, such as you're driving through a parking lot in first gear and you keep the throttle in the same position, just barely opening her up. You may notice the rpm's go up and down constantly. If so, typically this is fixed with an updated ECU map which your dealer can perform.

I also began to notice it at the track at higher speeds when trying to do a smooth roll on/off of throttle in various turns; it seemed like it would only want to go from one position to the next..rather choppy but it's a little more difficult to notice it this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your answers. Very helpful.
Guess I will be changing the battery and grabbing a charger
Fortunately no surging throttle issue with the bike.
I did check the sensor before I bought. It is EAS 2.0. I guess you mean I need race ecu update for the downshifts? Or is it an update that the dealer can do?

And by the way, I am from istanbul
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Djn

Hello Erkan,
I would run your F3 in Sport mode, once its run-in period is
complete. This is best for performance and reduces tendency for the engine to surge on a closed thriottle.
Nb in this mode the throttle is not over-sensitive (as seems to be the case for the 800). Rain mode is virtually the same as standard.

Regards,
DaveN.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode