Potential Owner F3 800 - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Post Potential Owner F3 800

Hi All,

New to the forum and have spent the better part of my day reading through the F3 section. Its time for an upgrade and I have set in my scopes an MV Agusta F3 800 or a Ducati Panigale 959.

Over the last weekend I visited both MV and Ducati dealerships here with the usual sales talk "Oh, have you heard about the problems with those though?" from both camps.

Both are really nice bikes and I cannot agree more with a lot of what I've read here, the MV looks great in pictures but in person

I'm having a really hard time deciding and I guess one of my concerns due to he said she said articles is the financial situation that was reported about MV. Is anyone able to give a quick "it'll be OK"? (I did start reading the post on here (not all 150 pages) but if anyone could put it in a nutshell so to speak I'd appreciate it.

I guess my second question really is for those who were possibly looking at the 959 as well as F3 what to you stood out and made you go with the F3?

Both bikes are great and I'm swaying to the F3 but being $21,000 (AUD) I just really want to know what I'm walking into so to speak.

Sorry if this may have been asked previously but appreciate feedback

Cheers.
cavlino and cavlino like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 03:28 AM
Established Member

Hey mate,

I can't be one to speak for the financial situation properly, I hear it's improving but won't pretend to know much.

As for comparison, I have an F3 800 and a mate of mine has a 959, I've rddein both significantly and back-to-back.

In short, the panigale is more refined, more usable, easier to ride, has better mirrors, looks awesomely aggressive and goes like stink
The MV is more challenging but more fun to ride, less friendly to newer riders and takes some effort to get everything it's worth out of it, it has more faults and likely less reliable... but by god it's so much fun. I was really considering a 959 before I got the MV but despite it's flaws the MV wins every time I ride it because of how it makes you feel, time after time I've been riding along laughing to myself in my helmet and saying out loud "God this bike is so much fun".

The Pani is no slouch, not at all, most likely faster on a track, but the MV, hell yeah, every day <3
cavlino and cavlino like this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 04:09 AM

I was in the same boat, i wasn't sure which one i wanted, i went with the MV in the end because i knew i was only going to do about 3,000KM a year on it and it looked amazing, has a single sided swing arm with a lovely trellis frame and doesn't have a stupid exhaust like the 959. Also it has a quick shifter and i think bigger brakes.

Im happy with my choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 04:14 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 116618LN View Post
I was in the same boat, i wasn't sure which one i wanted, i went with the MV in the end because i knew i was only going to do about 3,000KM a year on it and it looked amazing, has a single sided swing arm with a lovely trellis frame and doesn't have a stupid exhaust like the 959. Also it has a quick shifter and i think bigger brakes.

Im happy with my choice.
In contrast, I've done 5,000km in the last 6 weeks, still going strong and even makes commuting fun! Just make sure you can control your right hand before you're quite quickly quite illegal
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 06:18 AM

MV F3 is a great bike, unfortunately the owner experience is seriously compromised by the lack of support MV gives their dealers. I'm still waiting for a replacement mirror for the faulty one I had with my brand new F3 800 RC I bought back in May.

I love the bike, but don't think I would ever buy another one solely for the reason above.
MV are very short sighted in this respect and don't seem to care one they have sold the bike.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 07:59 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
twosmoke, not sure as to whether you are in the uk, but I had a problem in the early part of the year with one of the mirrors, unable to move the glass. Dealer supplied new mirror within two/three weeks,

Yes the bikes has had more than their fair share of problems and I certainly have experienced that over the last four years (Three F3's).
But on each occasion the dealer has solved the problems with little or no inconvenience, I doubt if I have been of the road more than two/three days
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 04:47 PM

I honestly think alot depends on who your dealer is.
I got my RC in June and Love it.
The first week my mirror came loose inside but Bennetts repaired it for me.They replaced mine with another off a display bike for a couple of days whilst they stripped and repaired my original.I wanted to keep my original due to it being covered in the Ventureshield protection film.
After 3500 miles my Sprag started its symptoms so they replaced it at its service.
Now done 4000 miles and certainly have No regrets of buying this bike.
Would i buy another MV from them,Definately

F3 800 RC, Aprilia V4 Tuono,Yam RD400F
The Following User Says Thank You to marksim For This Useful Post:
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 05:40 PM

Similar service from Forza Italia at Silverstone, dealt with them now for four years and they have never let me down
There is also the added bonus on a Friday, "Fish and Chip" delivery van arrives at about 1-00pm and the food is top class.
Without doubt a Win Win situation
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Taylor For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 09:13 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Taylor View Post
twosmoke, not sure as to whether you are in the uk, but I had a problem in the early part of the year with one of the mirrors, unable to move the glass. Dealer supplied new mirror within two/three weeks,

Not doubting the dealer Bruce but have you had any issues since Spring? It's around that time that parts started to become a problem from MV?
My local dealer are also very good (Moto Corsa) but they now have bikes waiting for parts......

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ackers For This Useful Post:
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 04:01 AM

Only issue was the exhaust valve motor, which did not prevent me using the bike.
The dealer obtain permission to replace under warranty within a day or so and there was no delay in obtaining the part.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode