Thinking about a F3 800... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Thinking about a F3 800...

Hello team,

I ran across a New non current 2014 F3 800 EAS ABS for sale locally.
After my last MV experience I have been very apprehensive about owning another due to all the issues I had with my 2006 F4 mechanically.

I would assume that because this is a non current it would come with a full factory warranty?
That being said what are the common issues with the newer F3 models have, also is the MV world still having difficulty sourcing certain parts and have the recovered from there bankruptcy or will we be screwed in the future?

I know its a lot of questions so thanks in advance!
Dave

2016 BMW S1000RR Premium
2013 Ducati 848 EVO SE (sold)
2009 Ducati Monster 1100
1999 Ducati 748
2006 MV F4-1000 (sold)
2007 Yamaha R1 (sold)
2003 Yamaha R1 (sold)
2001 Yamaha R6 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 12:46 PM

The only issue with my 2015 F3 800 is the wiring for the horn was too short. It broke when I turned the bars lock to lock when I was parking it. I need to extend the wire a bit, no worries. Other than that it's been 100% reliable with zero issues. I've only done about 1,400 miles, so I can't speak to long term reliability. I do indeed love my bike!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:09 PM

New Site Garage
I bought an F3 800 this summer (previous 3 bikes RVF400, '98 R1, YZF750). I've done 3000 miles so far. Loving it.

Take a chance while you still got the choice.
F3-800 / RVF400. Lancashire, England.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:04 PM

New Site Garage
How many miles are on it? You should confirm the radiator fan turns on when the bike gets hot, usually around the 5 bar mark. Maybe you could ask the current owner to then ride it around for a few minutes after getting hot and then when he comes back, does the bike spit out any coolant or is the temperature abnormally high.

Check for any issues with the gas tank itself, like small cracks or occasionally some members have reported the tank sucking in.

And of course check to make sure the kickstand sensor is working correctly. You can confirm this when the owner takes her for a quick spin as mentioned above.

Oh one more thing too...MV didn't start putting the rear brake reservoir on the outside until the 2016 model year. I would recommend doing this because the location for previous years puts it too close to the heat of the engine. It is very easy to retrofit this with factory updated parts if you decide to buy it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:11 PM

New Site Garage
Re spitting coolant out - my supplying dealer had topped uo the coolant. My F3 spat it out till it was at minimum.

Take a chance while you still got the choice.
F3-800 / RVF400. Lancashire, England.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode