Mirrors for F3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Mirrors for F3

Hello all,

Long story short - One of my mirrors broke off..

So I read through all the options for replacement mirrors. Let me know your thoughts.

Rearview camera and monitor setup - (problem: locating power for the monitor in front area of the bike)

Rizoma Veloce L - (problem: cost! $173US for one mirror and that doesn't include the $28 adaptors you need to buy, also its an LED turn signal. Do I need resistors for those as well?)

Chinese stock mirrors - (problem: don't want to replace useless mirrors with a set of useless mirrors)

-Mark
14' F3 675 - Active
07' Ducati 749 - Retired
05' 600RR - Retired
00' 929RR -Retired
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 02:11 PM

The Veloce L come with the resistors you need and then if you don't want to do any cutting of wires or any splicing, another 15 bucks for the wiring harness.

I have them installed on my F3 800. And my goodness they are much nicer. No shaking when on the throttle. Here, let me go take some pictures real quick, and I can show the comparison between the two.... if it isn't too dark outside that is. But yeah, I have some good before shots but don't have any after shots when I swapped out my mirrors.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 02:22 PM

Eh, it's a bit dark... I'll have to do it tomorrow for the after pictures. But they are much nicer mirrors, though the price is pretty painful. I want to say I paid about 280 euros for a pair. But then again, I was able to get them VAT free so that helped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 02:23 PM

Well I kicked my RHS mirror pulling a Rossi dismount so I feel your pain. I ordered the Chinese set off ebay which should be arriving shortly.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
Well I kicked my RHS mirror pulling a Rossi dismount so I feel your pain. I ordered the Chinese set off ebay which should be arriving shortly.
Rossi dismounts should be reserved for when you have no mirrors on the bike. Let me know how the cheap chinese mirrors work for you. If one of my Rizoma's ever break, I don't think I'll replace it.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Well crap, I broke down and ordered the Rizoma mirrors from Ebay and a vendor. Saved me about $100 bucks after everything was said and done.

I hope these mirrors makes my bike faster.....

-Mark
14' F3 675 - Active
07' Ducati 749 - Retired
05' 600RR - Retired
00' 929RR -Retired
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmarkmark View Post
Well crap, I broke down and ordered the Rizoma mirrors from Ebay and a vendor. Saved me about $100 bucks after everything was said and done.

I hope these mirrors makes my bike faster.....
Nothing wrong with that. Now, when you get the mirrors, they come with the resistors and barrel plugs not attached to the wires. If you want to use the barrel plugs, you will need to solder them onto the wiring for the mirrors.

If you do not wish to cut and splice the connectors from your stock mirrors to be able to hook them up, you'll want to order the turn signal cable. I got mine from here. https://www.motovationusa.com/turn-s...it-rizoma.html You want the EE047H.

Overall, the mirrors come with 2 resistors, you only need to use a single resistor from the package. They suck because they are about 3 inches long, hard, and a small square so placing them can be annoying. If you use the turn signal connector kit, you will be adding probably a total of 15 inches to the entire wiring per mirror. Right now, since I couldn't take the cowling off since I have no place to do it, I have Velcro straps that are wrapped around the cowling frame that the wiring runs by with it bundled up and strapped to the frame to keep it out. Once I get back to the states next summer though, I intend to take it all apart and make it look a lot prettier.

Edit: Oh, and when you do solder the barrel plugs onto the wires, when tinning and doing the actual soldering, it's a cheap metal used so you need to ensure your soldering iron is at a lower temperature or else it'll not wanna solder properly, and flux.... lots and lots of flux on it. I unfortunately only have solder with a flux core, and it wasn't enough to make it an easy task.

Last edited by RabidSquirrel; 08-17-2016 at 01:24 AM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 12:04 PM

And as I said I would do, here's a comparison of the mirrors. Don't mind the dirtiness in the older pictures.... I had just gotten done riding and there was a big puddle that I didn't see until the car in front of me sprayed me with it.

As well, if you want to see how the mirrors react to throttling, you can watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tqAxl_7jc It's mine, the audio is crap cause for some reason the mic that comes with the SENA SMH 10R is crap for bluetooth audio recording.

edit:File size was too big, had to reupload image.
Attached Images

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 03:18 PM

Wow! A first for me, being able to see what was in the mirrors of the F3! They do look very smart too! Just so expensive, especially here in the UK!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 02:54 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
A little harder to lane filter now with the wide mirrors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode