F3 800 purchased, little info needed. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

F3 800 purchased, little info needed.

Hello all , a uk f3 800 owner hear, well almost. Dropped a deposit on a late 2015 bike with 370 miles on it ( that's not a typo) a couple of weeks ago.

The dealer is waiting for an updated cam chain tensioner, are these really needed on a late 2015 bike and if so does anyone no if sourcing one will be a problem?

I am beginning to worry about spunking this kind of cash on a bike that maybe has no factory back up. Would I be wrong in thinking the remaining manufactures warranty left on these bikes is not worth anything or do the uk dealers soak it up ?

On a plus note they are stunning and I have owned my 989r brutale since 2014 without issue :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 11:25 AM

New Site Garage
Parts are shipping all over the world. The timing chain tensioners on that model is hydraulic I believe, so it might be something simple.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Parts are shipping all over the world. The timing chain tensioners on that model is hydraulic I believe, so it might be something simple.
Cool cheers , not sure why it would need an updated version though ?
At 370 miles its not even reached its 1st service interval but they are servicing it as well as sourcing the tensioner so fingers crossed all is well for this coming Saturday ( including the weather ) for collection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 07:19 AM

The original version of the F3 had a manual tensioner on it. I haven't "touch wood" had any issues with parts. Sadly though I have service this weekend and I found a 3" wood screw through the rear tyre. So now hastened the purchase of new tyres and a very big service bill.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 07:26 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
The original version of the F3 had a manual tensioner on it. I haven't "touch wood" had any issues with parts. Sadly though I have service this weekend and I found a 3" wood screw through the rear tyre. So now hastened the purchase of new tyres and a very big service bill.
Get the tyre plugged and patched on the inside.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 07:26 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak24seven View Post
Cool cheers , not sure why it would need an updated version though ?
At 370 miles its not even reached its 1st service interval but they are servicing it as well as sourcing the tensioner so fingers crossed all is well for this coming Saturday ( including the weather ) for collection.
I'm really not sure, have you asked them ?

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm really not sure, have you asked them ?
Good question, I have placed a deposit on the bike unseen, and then disappeared on holiday until this coming Friday, I received an email from them stating about the cam chain tensioner. Although in no rush for the bike I would like to collect it this Saturday when I get home.
The dealer is not an mv dealer so has shipped the bike out somewhere to get it serviced. I thought it best to try and get some info on hear before I ring up tomorrow and question the tensioner recall on this bike.
I will post the outcome of the phone call tomorrow
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 11:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike
Quote:
Donsy,
As a note, it doesn't appear that the new chain tensioner will work in an older head. The new tensioner just has a large hex head to install it vice the two bolts on the older version. The new one is still not covered in the latest edition of the Engine Manual so no details yet. Sounds like the production cut-in for the new tensioner is 2015 according to the parts list (8000B9939 vice the 8000B5199). Really obvious which one is required when you look at the head (no threaded bolt holes in the new tensioner boss)

Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!

2007 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue (Blue Thing) -SOLD
2013 F3 675 Red/Silver (Velocita) -SOLD
2014 899 Panigale Red (John Wayne)
2016 F3 675 RC #26 (Luisella)
2015 KTM RC 390 Cup
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Finally got the answers today, the bike is actually at an mv approved garage and is awaiting a replacement chain tensioner not an updated version along with its 1st service, the bike had a chain noise so I guess the tensioner had seized, probably due to lack of use ( 370 miles) . Fingers crossed I get to pick it up next Saturday :-)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Get the tyre plugged and patched on the inside.
I patched it up, but it was an ex-BSB Supercorsa SC2 that had seen better days anyway. I can never get them up to temperature in the UK properly anyhow. I have opted for the Diablo Rosso 3's which seem very good so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode