F3 Alarm System (build in?) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
F3 Alarm System (build in?)

Mv owners, F3 owners to be exact.

Does the F3 model come with buildin alarm system, or do u need to build in an alarm system for yourself?

Knowing that the bike is thin and small compared to other 600cc bikes, can u reach the battery in a easy way or do u need to remove alot of fairing parts?

If someone uses an alarm system can u provide the name of the brand and tell us what features it has.
Some have proximity warnings, turn on the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
MV Offers a alarm system on it's website for the F3
http://www.mvagusta.com/en/discover-...heft-cable-f3/
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Mv owners, F3 owners to be exact.

Does the F3 model come with buildin alarm system, or do u need to build in an alarm system for yourself?

Knowing that the bike is thin and small compared to other 600cc bikes, can u reach the battery in a easy way or do u need to remove alot of fairing parts?

If someone uses an alarm system can u provide the name of the brand and tell us what features it has.
Some have proximity warnings, turn on the bike.
And for the second part.... Tail Fairing and Gas Tank need to be removed to get to the battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to RabidSquirrel For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 04:57 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCEE View Post
MV Offers a alarm system on it's website for the F3
http://www.mvagusta.com/en/discover-...heft-cable-f3/
Recently had one of these removed and a refund. Lasted less than two weeks. Another member on here had the same experience. Not recommended, especially given the price.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Recently had one of these removed and a refund. Lasted less than two weeks. Another member on here had the same experience. Not recommended, especially given the price.
Thank you good to know.
Did u find a good replacement alarm system? Or are u driving without?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 07:17 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Thank you good to know.
Did u find a good replacement alarm system? Or are u driving without?
Insurance insisted that an alarm was fitted but didn't specify as to level of protection or that it needed to be certified to any particular standard. However, the majority of alarms require splicing into the the wiring loom which I was reluctant to do due to possible warranty issues. The MV alarm seemed perfect as it plugged into the loom via existing connectors and is, in theory, an MV product (or at least factory approved). However, despite the 'reassuringly expensive' price tag, it turned out to be a pile of poo. Inspected it myself after it failed, upon taking off the waterproof end cap and inverting it water poured out... Certainly not made for the UK climate then... It was a shame as the operation and disarming procedure was quite neat.

I have replaced it with a Datatool Demon Evo, a fairly simple self fit alarm which fits into the same space as the MV alarm. The Turismo Veloce already has an immobiliser so duplicating that functionality is pretty pointless IMHO. The Demon isn't self arming which suits me as I just arm it when I need to avoiding that embarrassment at fuel stops etc. Durability from the elements should be pretty good. I've had Datatool alarms in the past and have been happy with them. The critical thing affecting any future issues is doing a good job with the install in terms of wiring. I have seen a YouTube video of someone trying to kill one of the other Datatool alarms including hammer, immersion in water etc. without killing it.

Of course, thieves can disable, rip out and defeat practically any electronic security device. They're just a line of defence.

Chas
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Insurance insisted that an alarm was fitted but didn't specify as to level of protection or that it needed to be certified to any particular standard. However, the majority of alarms require splicing into the the wiring loom which I was reluctant to do due to possible warranty issues. The MV alarm seemed perfect as it plugged into the loom via existing connectors and is, in theory, an MV product (or at least factory approved). However, despite the 'reassuringly expensive' price tag, it turned out to be a pile of poo. Inspected it myself after it failed, upon taking off the waterproof end cap and inverting it water poured out... Certainly not made for the UK climate then... It was a shame as the operation and disarming procedure was quite neat.

I have replaced it with a Datatool Demon Evo, a fairly simple self fit alarm which fits into the same space as the MV alarm. The Turismo Veloce already has an immobiliser so duplicating that functionality is pretty pointless IMHO. The Demon isn't self arming which suits me as I just arm it when I need to avoiding that embarrassment at fuel stops etc. Durability from the elements should be pretty good. I've had Datatool alarms in the past and have been happy with them. The critical thing affecting any future issues is doing a good job with the install in terms of wiring. I have seen a YouTube video of someone trying to kill one of the other Datatool alarms including hammer, immersion in water etc. without killing it.

Of course, thieves can disable, rip out and defeat practically any electronic security device. They're just a line of defence.
Alright, thank you for responding very helpful.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:

I have just insured my F3 RC 800 and was not asked about an alarm.To be honest for the last 4 years i havnt been asked whether i even have one fitted to any of my other bikes.
I am wondering if your postcode area has something to do with it.
I dont mean to come across as been funny in anyway but if aload of bikes even different to yours in the same area have been stolen then they may load the insurance price as its a risky area.

F3 800 RC, Aprilia V4 Tuono,Yam RD400F
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 04:51 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksim View Post
I am wondering if your postcode area has something to do with it.
I dont mean to come across as been funny in anyway but if aload of bikes even different to yours in the same area have been stolen then they may load the insurance price as its a risky area.
Far from it, moved here to get away from all that. Rural location. However, until next year, when garage is due to be built, the bike is parked outside under a cover. Crunchy gravel drive, two large dogs and physical security in the form of ground anchor and large lock and chain aren't quite enough. The value of the bike has something to do with it as previous bike without alarm wasn't a problem.

Chas
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 09:11 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
You can also download the Workshop manuals from my website to help explain body parts removal.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode