Kickstand alternatives - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Kickstand alternatives

Yeah yeah...I've not yet got my bike...but I am chasing them - and soon...soon!

In the meanwhile...

The MV F3 kickstand is a thing of beauty. However, the lowered bike I rode on at the weekend had only one flaw - the kickstand was now a bit long given that the bike had been lowered 30mm. It was ok - but I'd worry about it tipping off the stand.

So - rather than mutilate the F3 kickstand - I figure a kickstand is a kickstand is a kickstand - yes?

Do any of you guys know what other make of kick stand might fit on there - albeit a bit shorter?

Ok - you can mock my short legs now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 05:25 AM

Ummm.. I don't think a kickstand is a kick stand. They will all have different bolt patterns and fixing. You'll have to get you bike measure it up and then have a look around to see what other models there are. I wouldn't cut the F3 stand, it's aluminum and also kinks in the middle.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage

Ok, I'll rephrase in less flippant terms:
The MV F3 kickstand is very pretty. I don't want to destroy one by having it cut and welded. Does anyone know of any other kickstand that is a bit shorter that might fit the F3?

M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicguitarist View Post

Ok, I'll rephrase in less flippant terms:
The MV F3 kickstand is very pretty. I don't want to destroy one by having it cut and welded. Does anyone know of any other kickstand that is a bit shorter that might fit the F3?

M
I unfortunately don't have an answer, but I can't bite my tongue anymore and gotta be cheeky.... Have you considered parking it on a hill sideways with the kickstand downhill?

Seriously though, you got me wondering, and I spent probably a better part of an hour or two searching online and found diddly squat on kickstands for the F3. If you know someone who's a decent machinist they may be able to fabricate one for you, but that would be your best bet unfortunately.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidSquirrel View Post
I unfortunately don't have an answer, but I can't bite my tongue anymore and gotta be cheeky.... Have you considered parking it on a hill sideways with the kickstand downhill?

Seriously though, you got me wondering, and I spent probably a better part of an hour or two searching online and found diddly squat on kickstands for the F3. If you know someone who's a decent machinist they may be able to fabricate one for you, but that would be your best bet unfortunately.

I guess what I'll do is take the sidestand off, and go round my local dealers / mechanics / breakers and see if they have anything with similar fittings that are shorter.

I'll keep folks here updated too.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
My local tame,and trusted, mechanic is making me a shorter kickstand from a pattern Honda one. More detail as as I get them.

Take a chance while you still got the choice.
F3-800 / RVF400. Lancashire, England.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode