NRC Tail tidy - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

NRC Tail tidy

Hello, I'm new to the forum and was wondering whether anyone has any advice on fitting the NRC tail tidy / fender eliminator to an F3. It arrived without any fitting instructions and I'm at a loss! Thanks
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 08:14 AM

are you sure that is the right model? No idea how that's supposed to fit the F3
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 08:43 AM

New Site Garage
Tried their website ?
http://www.newragecycles.com/Instructions_s/1862.htm

Current steed - MY16 Dragster RR
Previous Bike - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Scottish and living it up in South East Spain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogort View Post
Didn't realise they had an instructions section on their site - doesn't seem to show up on the mobile version of the site. Sadly they don't have the instructions for this item! Thanks anyway.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalem View Post
are you sure that is the right model? No idea how that's supposed to fit the F3
I'm starting to doubt it. Just can't see how it can be fitted. Have asked the supplier to email me instructions.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 11:04 AM

New Site Garage
Your picture certainly looks exactly like the 1 they have on their F3 page.
http://www.newragecycles.com/MV_Agus...or_p/f3-fe.htm

Surely just an unbolt job, might have to cut plugs off old wires and add to the new wires and plug back in ?

Current steed - MY16 Dragster RR
Previous Bike - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Scottish and living it up in South East Spain
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 02:52 PM

New Site Garage
I have this tail tidy and it needs some refinement in my opinion. You see the single large hole in the triangular frame? That's for a single bolt to hold the entire piece in place on the frame where the old stock one was. How difficult would it be for them to punch 2 holes out instead and help keep it in place?

On the other side of the triangular piece they have some sticky tape or whatever to help hold it in place. This is stupid in my opinion because those will then cover part of the rear fairing. Should you ever need to take the fairing off? Well they obviously didn't think that far. Leave the pieces of tape/cover on; do not peel them off.

Overall I like the look of the tidy, but NRC just half-assed the production of this unit.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
That single hole looks like its for the wiring or water drainage? The plate below it has two holes that look like they bolt onto the frame. Check this out:
Attached Images

Last edited by idsteve; 06-11-2016 at 09:15 PM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 01:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I have this tail tidy and it needs some refinement in my opinion. You see the single large hole in the triangular frame? That's for a single bolt to hold the entire piece in place on the frame where the old stock one was. How difficult would it be for them to punch 2 holes out instead and help keep it in place?

On the other side of the triangular piece they have some sticky tape or whatever to help hold it in place. This is stupid in my opinion because those will then cover part of the rear fairing. Should you ever need to take the fairing off? Well they obviously didn't think that far. Leave the pieces of tape/cover on; do not peel them off.

Overall I like the look of the tidy, but NRC just half-assed the production of this unit.
Agree with you Spark. I installed this unit on my 675 RC and had to make some mods to it as well. I made a small plate out of 1/8" aluminum that fit on top of the brace that the original tail bolts to, drilled and tapped each corner to match the original tail bolts and drilled and tapped for the NRC bolt in the exact center of the plate (I think this bolt is 1/4"-20-don't know why they couldn't stay metric). Used the original bolts to bolt this plate in place on top of the brace. No nut or washer now needed for the center bolt. Also made a small L-bracket that is screwed to the back of the left LED plexi and is designed so that a fairing screw will retain the other end, keeping the unit from rotating. Left the tape on of course so disassembly would not be a pain. I also flipped the plate holder around (NRC logo facing forward) so the plate was not at such an extreme angle. On the electrical side, this unit caused a fast flash in the turn signals. Replaced the flasher unit with a $8.95 LF1-S-FLAT solid state flasher unit from superbrightleds.com (plug & play, same connector). This unit doesn't care what kind of lamps you have - 90 flashes/min always. Looks great and has been reliable so far, just not well engineered as you said Spark.
Attached Images

Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue (Blue Thing) -SOLD
2013 F3 675 Red/Silver (Velocita) -SOLD
2014 899 Panigale Red (John Wayne)
2016 F3 675 RC #26 (Luisella)
2015 KTM RC 390 Cup
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:49 AM

Sorry to bring this post back alive. But I have bought dual load equalizer along with the tail tidy. Just wonder where is the ground wiring connect to? Much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode