2013 F3 675 or 2016 F3 800 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

2013 F3 675 or 2016 F3 800

Hey Guys,

Wanted to get your opinions on a decision I'm contemplating. I am deciding between purchasing a used 2013 F3 675 for $8,000 with 10,000 miles on it, or getting a brand new F3 800. I've read a lot of articles and reviews that mentioned issues earlier on with the 675 and wanted to know if it's worth even looking into. Also I'd love to hear from anyone who currently owns or had a 2013 on its durability. I'm afraid that getting a used model starting at 10,000 miles I will be spending a lot of time fixing it up rather than enjoying it.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Established Member

fwiw: I have an F3 675 2013 and I wouldn't sell it that cheap in canadian dollars. Break-in was significant on this bike, mine has been totally reliable and awesome in every way except for the original battery and the horn wiring. Your milage may vary considering the previous owner is an unknown. A new bike will always be better than a used bike, particularly if you plan on keeping it forever.

Good luck with the bike, they don't like to go slow, hopefully you have lots of open space to let her fly.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 08:59 AM

If you have an MV, you had better get another bike. It WILL go wrong and you WILL be waiting a long time for parts/repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 09:42 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willythepooh View Post
If you have an MV, you had better get another bike. It WILL go wrong and you WILL be waiting a long time for parts/repair.
In the past 10 years I have had four new Honda's and a Triumph, problems at one stage or another with all of them.

Over the last four years, three F3's, yes problems but NEVER had to wait for any spares.

From the point of choice, if you are in the financial position to buy, the the latest F3 800 is the one to go for. Easier to ride than the 675 and the problems with the 800 (Sprag Clutch) appeared to have been rectified.

Last edited by Bruce Taylor; 06-06-2016 at 10:02 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the opinions guys!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willythepooh View Post
Says the guy with no MV's in the registry and who doesn't service his own motorcycles
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 07:56 AM

Where on this big blue marble are you?
If you have a reputable MV dealer near by and if you know the VIN# of the used bike you should be able to learn what, if any, factory updates/warranty/service work has been done on it.
Just because I have had a lot of problems with my F3 675 and have been very vocal about my experiences doesn’t mean all F3’s are bad or that you should run screaming away from ownership.
If the used bike checks out to be well maintained with known issues corrected then I agree with Trialsrider, it sounds like a true bargoon at $8 grand.
However, I suspect it’s priced low due to niggly unresolved problems and/or the current state of the company. That may work to your advantage but, only you know the level of frustration that is acceptable to you.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 07:18 AM

Love my 2013 675! The only issues I've had were the standard battery and throttle body synchronization. My dealership was proactive and covered all of it so I'm extremely happy. Parts and labor is more expensive but I do as much of it as I can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode