Getting Ready for an F3: TC Questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Getting Ready for an F3: TC Questions

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I am getting ready to buy my very own F3 but there are a couple of things I want to clarify first.

Like many people, I've read all of the reviews on the TC system, and I've gone through a roller coaster of thinking it sucks to thinking it's just fine.

I'm at the point where I understand that it works fine with some setup, and maybe a stiffer throttle spring for feel.

My question is a bit more technical. I remember reading that one major difference is that MV only has a sensor on the rear wheel to measure rate of change for TC, whereas others like Ducati include other sensors and gyros for input. I was wondering if anybody can comment on that.

My last question is about 2015 vs 2016. I know the whole thing with the blacked out motor. There are two bikes in my area, both marked as 2016's. One is blacked out, one isn't. My question is, is there any difference between the two aside from software updates and paint. My main concern is if there are any major upgrades that I'd miss out on going for a 2015.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

I've been doing a little more reading and it looks like it got race ABS at some point. There's also apparently a new version of the Eldor ECU. Any info as to which MY's got those would help too.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 PM

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=166593

This may help with the year differences. Maybe with the TC question as well but I'm not for sure.

Welcome to the forum as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. The article helped a lot. I did some further research as well and it looks like there's no real difference from a 2015 to a 2016.

They run the same ECU, same ABS and same version of MVICS. Seems like if there was any difference it would be software, and it looks like only the Turismo Veloce is running MVICS II at the time.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Established Member

Don't worry too much about the T/C on this bike.
I have mine set to 2 and i have never felt it kick in under hard riding conditions....this bike produces power so smoothly that it really isn't necessary if you have semi decent throttle control.

I have only felt the TC kick in taking off in traffic over rough road or water in a straight line.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRCPUG View Post
I have mine set to 2 and i have never felt it kick in under hard riding conditions....this bike produces power so smoothly that it really isn't necessary if you have semi decent throttle control.

I have only felt the TC kick in taking off in traffic over rough road or water in a straight line.
100% spot on.

Enjoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 01:17 AM
Established Member

Set and the TC about mid range and forget about it.
You'll get used to the light throttle also.

My Current Bikes
2014 VFR1200F ~ How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
2013 B3 800 ~ Naked Foolishness!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 10:03 AM
hes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRCPUG View Post

I had mine set to 3 on last track day last weekend and it was a pain in the neck on the front straight as it was bumpy as hell. So coming out of the last corner before the straight, going full throttle over bumps, the TC kicks in and messes you up a bit
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
I had mine set to 3 on last track day last weekend and it was a pain in the neck on the front straight as it was bumpy as hell. So coming out of the last corner before the straight, going full throttle over bumps, the TC kicks in and messes you up a bit
Why didn't you drop the setting to 1?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 10:03 AM

New Site Garage
TC3 for road TC2 for track
Mine only has road ABS not Track so turned off for track - too intrusive

The TC is primitive at best but Id rather have it than not. Works great if bike is slightly leaned over but I wouldnt want to chance it well lent over on track. You couldnt compare it to the new R1, 1299 or RSV

My next track bike will be an F3 800. Its nice to have something there rather than nothing at all

Skip this video to 11.55 as its non MV related but you'll see what happens w/out TC if you are aggressive on the throttle. https://youtu.be/gTSz1Dne5hg I did this twice that day. My MV would always cut the power on this amount of lean

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode