F3 14-15 15-16 model differences - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

F3 14-15 15-16 model differences

Ok did my test ride at the weekend

It was only a short one but what a brilliant bike

I must admit to falling in love with the looks too

Now just looking at which one to get. Been offered an early 2015 new at a heavy discount vs a 2015/6 model.

Anyone know the differences... its really difficult to find out. At some point the bike got race abs and the dash changed to show this and move the gear indicator across to the rhs.

Info greatly appreciated. Is there a web site listing parts by VIN like for other manufacturers ... that's often a way to find out?

Now ... Red/silver or black ... decisions decisions...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 03:18 AM

2016 Black

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete keys View Post
Ok did my test ride at the weekend

It was only a short one but what a brilliant bike

I must admit to falling in love with the looks too

Now just looking at which one to get. Been offered an early 2015 new at a heavy discount vs a 2015/6 model.

Anyone know the differences... its really difficult to find out. At some point the bike got race abs and the dash changed to show this and move the gear indicator across to the rhs.

Info greatly appreciated. Is there a web site listing parts by VIN like for other manufacturers ... that's often a way to find out?

Now ... Red/silver or black ... decisions decisions...
What year is the one in your photo?
Notice the rear brake reservoir is visible behind the right side frame casting. Get which ever model year has that!
MY13/14 have it buried behind that casting and the heat causes the fluid to boil resulting in rear brake failure.
I routinely have to bleed my rear brake (2013 F3 600) two or three times a season. I find itís a real pain, I must be doing it backwards.
Last fall nearing the end of a day of spirited riding in the north Georgia mountains I found out I had no rear brake the hard way. I went to hold the bike on an incline and there was nothing there. Unfortunately the bike rolled back to a point where my short legs meant my foot didnít touch the ground and over I went. Messed up my painted mirror, bar end and scared the silver side panel.
Iím looking into relocating that reservoir and a better heat shield for the rear master.

Waiting to hear from Bruce Taylor about the new dash on his new F3 800 RC. Is it really better or just a cosmetic thing.

Red/Silver gets my vote but... You pick what you like or, take what ever colour the "great deal" is. Colour is over rated. It's all about how long that grin stays on your face after the ride is over that counts!

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Notice the rear brake reservoir is visible behind the right side frame casting. Get which ever model year has that!
MY13/14 have it buried behind that casting and the heat causes the fluid to boil resulting in rear brake failure.
I routinely have to bleed my rear brake (2013 F3 600) two or three times a season. I find itís a real pain, I must be doing it backwards.
Last fall nearing the end of a day of spirited riding in the north Georgia mountains I found out I had no rear brake the hard way. I went to hold the bike on an incline and there was nothing there. Unfortunately the bike rolled back to a point where my short legs meant my foot didnít touch the ground and over I went. Messed up my painted mirror, bar end and scared the silver side panel.
Iím looking into relocating that reservoir and a better heat shield for the rear master.

Waiting to hear from Bruce Taylor about the new dash on his new F3 800 RC. Is it really better or just a cosmetic thing.

Red/Silver gets my vote but... You pick what you like or, take what ever colour the "great deal" is. Colour is over rated. It's all about how long that grin stays on your face after the ride is over that counts!
thanks

The photo was of the a demo bike rode - this years model, so not itself for sale. It has both ABS and TC as standard.

I have been offered an early 2015 (so I guess maybe late 2014) in black brand new unregistered - so I need to check what the changes are. I guess in terms of issues/problems/function I need to make the call on paying the extra buying a 2016 model. As I said they're both new.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 10:37 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post

Is there a kit or anything available to relocate the rear reservoir?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 12:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Weather not good, therefore bike delivery delayed for a couple of weeks at least

Last edited by Bruce Taylor; 01-18-2016 at 12:14 PM.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 02:55 PM

I got a black F3 800, I think it was made last year and only arrived a week and a half ago. Technically, my bike is 2015/16... hehe!

I got told that the first batch of the 2016 models are arriving here in OZ in April by the dealer and there is a slight possibility that the price will change.

I didn't go for the RC version because knowing my luck I'll probably drop it and the fairing would most likely cost me an arm and a leg to replace. The extra price I would be paying to purchase the RC is being put to good used, I have ordered the following:
- Rizoma brake lever "RRC" (black)
- Rizoma clutch lever "RRC" (black)
- Rizoma rear sets control kit/set "RRC"
- Rizoma indicator light pair/set "GRAFFIO" (black)
- Rizoma indicator light adapter kits
- Rizoma turn signal cable kits
- R&G fender illiminator
- R&G aero frame protector/slider

In addition, I decided not to replace the battery and install the Ohlins steering damper just yet.
My next upgrade will be to replace the heavy ass exhaust.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 02:14 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Is there a kit or anything available to relocate the rear reservoir?
If MV has the late model reservoir bracket as a spare part, you may be able to just swap brackets to relocate. You may have to go to a longer hose as well, but the mounting holes on my '16 RC look like they're the same as on my '13 F3. Note: completed this on my '13 F3 in March '16. 2016 bracket and hose were $23.60 at my dealer, took about 30 min.

Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue (Blue Thing) -SOLD
2013 F3 675 Red/Silver (Velocita) -SOLD
2014 899 Panigale Red (John Wayne)
2016 F3 675 RC #26 (Luisella)
2015 KTM RC 390 Cup

Last edited by idahomike; 04-12-2016 at 12:15 PM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 05:42 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Taylor View Post
Weather not good, therefore bike delivery delayed for a couple of weeks at least
Have you reg'd it yet?

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 11:01 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
Have you reg'd it yet?
Yes beginning of this month. All being well should arrive on Friday

Last edited by Bruce Taylor; 01-19-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode