Why would you put single exhaust on the F3 - MVAgusta.net
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2016, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Question Why would you put single exhaust on the F3

Why would people put single exhaust on the F3? In my opinion, triple exhaust is what makes the F3 unique.. and makes it look like an art, sort of like musical instrument.

Just by doing quick Google search, I came up with these single exhausts, I'm sure I have missed some, but I wonder why they're so popular??

Termignoni

SC Project

Yoshimura

Hindle

HP Corse

Arrow

GPR

Zard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2016, 02:08 AM

Its form before function. For me for something to be beautiful its form must heighten its function - not detract from it.

For me a Harley is disgusting - it takes the concept of a motorcycle, and through "style" reduces the function of a motorcycle, aka it makes it heavy, poor handling etc.

For me the three pipes do nothing functionally. The header is 3 into 1. This is then split into 3 pipes purely for decoration. In doing so the silencer becomes heavier than it needs to be. This is on a sports bike where weight is king and people will be buying carbon and titanium bits to loose a few grams. OK so we're not talking Harlyesq like gaffs here, but it is a small example of form before function.

So I look at the 3 pipes, that some people love and rave about and think "oh no what a gaff" .. perhaps that's the engineer in me

The rest of the bike : 100% beautiful though, and probably the best bike avialable at 173kg ... which is why I'm probably going to get one

Last edited by pete keys; 01-13-2016 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:31 AM

I have a high level arrow exhaust, the reason being is the triple exit exhausts don't look the most efficient way for exhaust gases to exit the bike as Post above states headers 3 into 1 why bother going back into 3. And second is noise levels. You will not find a triple exit can to pass track noise regs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2016, 03:00 AM

I agree with dudman,

And i also don't like the ones on the Pictures above. Try to remove the wheel without removing the muffler...
That's the reason for the high mount.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

ok I might be a minority here but I'd much rather have these ones... they look so much better.

Silmotor

QD

FM Project

Zero

Last edited by Timpo; 01-13-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:04 AM

LMFAO
That zero exhaust looks rediculous

Cheers
Terry
2011 F4
Old 01-13-2016, 04:11 AM

I like the longer Termi for the track and the 3 pipes for the road. Re the 4 pics above, like the Silmoto although I hate the Silmoto quad pipes for the F4, hate the 2nd pic, hate the 3rd pic....those weird shaped ends....what a f**ken joke, hate the collector in particular in pic 4.

I would always replace the 3 pipes with a single for the track, possibly on the road though I really like the look of the MV pipes

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:21 AM

New Site Garage
Triple pipes for me every time.
Unless you're racing your F3 you don't need to worry about anything else, weight down there will never be felt by most riding on the road in any case.
If you want an R6, buy one.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Old 01-13-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete keys View Post
Its form before function. For me for something to be beautiful its form must heighten its function - not detract from it.

For me a Harley is disgusting - it takes the concept of a motorcycle, and through "style" reduces the function of a motorcycle, aka it makes it heavy, poor handling etc.

For me the three pipes do nothing functionally. The header is 3 into 1. This is then split into 3 pipes purely for decoration. In doing so the silencer becomes heavier than it needs to be. This is on a sports bike where weight is king and people will be buying carbon and titanium bits to loose a few grams. OK so we're not talking Harlyesq like gaffs here, but it is a small example of form before function.

So I look at the 3 pipes, that some people love and rave about and think "oh no what a gaff" .. perhaps that's the engineer in me

The rest of the bike : 100% beautiful though, and probably the best bike avialable at 173kg ... which is why I'm probably going to get one
Exactly...I got flack on here for my high mount EvolutionBike exhaust. Opinions are like butts everyone has one. The triple pipes also cost 1.5x or more than single exits. The race teams went with single pipes for a reason.

Todd
2013 F3 675 (RIP)
2014 B3 800 Italia
Old 01-13-2016, 07:56 AM

I will say the the only 3 exit that I like the look of is the Silmotor one. The stock one looks much cleaner than any other 3 exit aftermarket one other than the one I stated.

Todd
2013 F3 675 (RIP)
2014 B3 800 Italia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in