F3 or 675R ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

F3 or 675R ?

Hey guys!!

I know I may get a biased response being that im posting on a MVAgusta Board... But I'm undecided as to which to pick up.

Im looking at the 675R vs the F3 675.

Both are VERY attractive bikes.. I actually fancy the F3 more(sexy)..

But as far as bang for you buck, the 675R looks like to be a better deal. I also heard that the F3 electronics package is quite flawed such as shotty traction control system and a quick shifter that often "misses".

Now with the new bikes like the 16' or the ECU upgrade, have they fixed these bugs? Also seeing Cluzel's F3 fail on him and pretty much costing him the championships makes me worry about the quality of the bike.

Am I just being paranoid ?

Again the F3 is such a sexy bike and I hear the handling is out of this world.

What is the general consensus here? Again I know this is a MV board.. But I would like to get the low down from folks who actually own the bike.

Thanks

Pdub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 01:42 AM

New Site Garage
I don't own one so I shall leave the F3 guys to do their thing.
One thing though, okay two. How many 675R's did you see in this WSS Championship, and do you think the F3 you might buy is the same as Cluzel's bike, or that you will be riding it as such ?

Just busting you chops buddy, good luck with your buy, whichever it is that you choose.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 04:17 AM

Buy the Triumph

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

You make a good point in relation to the championship history..

@quadturbo... Whats your reason behind that?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 05:33 AM

It's very simple from my perspective and I'm not trying to be an asshole but if you ask on the MV forum....should I buy an MV or something else...my answer is always the same...buy the other bike.

MV is not for everyone and that is ok. It does not matter what the other bike is, even Suzuki which I don't like....I would still say buy the Suzuki.

The 675R is a very good bike....to make the decision to buy MV you must feel the passion

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Quad,

Yea I know what you mean.. But I ask you MV guys because you guys can give me a first hand account of how the bike really is instead of listening to some guy from a magazine who has only spent a couple hours on the bike.

What about parts availability? I live in the US.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 06:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
...or you could go to the F3 section and "read all about it".

If you don't have the passion for the MV over all esle, don't buy it. You won't appreciate it.

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdub30s View Post
Quad,

Yea I know what you mean.. But I ask you MV guys because you guys can give me a first hand account of how the bike really is instead of listening to some guy from a magazine who has only spent a couple hours on the bike.

What about parts availability? I live in the US.
If you want a proven reliable bike with some nice upgrades get the Triumph 675R.

However, if you desire the worlds sexiest middle weight two wheeled vixen, (as in; a spiteful, quarrelsome woman) buy an MV F3! She’ll tempt and tease you with hints of ecstasy only the gods dare dream of.
Then she’ll throw up an error code, go into “limp” mode or quit altogether.

As others have suggested, read through the F3 pages here, specifically the complaints. Some are just niggle little things that irritate like fasteners that go M.I.A. or horn wires that come disconnected. Others are more worrisome.

Should you do decide on an MV F3 know this, if you persevere with a troublesome F3, one day you’ll have a ride like nothing else you’ve ever experienced. The stars will align, the road will be free of traffic and you’ll not want it to end. When it does, the smile won’t leave your face for days and you’ll continually think to yourself, ‘Now that’s why I bought an MV!”

Furthermore, you have a friendly, open community here that will help you out. Best thing is that you live in the US. Why is that best? Because the US is now like an extension of MV Italy and parts are quick to get. Better yet, three of the best people I know in the industry work for MV Agusta North America. Bruce Meyers is a long time, well known mechanical legend who is MV Agusta’s North American Dealer Technical Advisor. His better half Susie is the Warrantee Advisor and Ian Adkins, (former Riders Hill tech) is now the North American Dealer After Sales Support Advisor.

If you have the time and would like to know what I went through than read my thread: Happy anniversary to me, NOT!!!!
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107681

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 04:58 PM

I traded a daytona 675r for my f3 800 and do not regret it one bit.
The mv is so much more engaging to ride and has something about it that only Italian bikes seem to have, anything else just seems a bit bland!
The triumph was very good and it never missed a beat but the mv is loads more fun and I don't think that anything on it is lower spec than the triumph, one of my biggest concerns was weather the suspension would be good enough after having ohlins on the triumph but I am pleased to say that I think the sachs/Marzochi set up is better on the road.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 06:40 PM
ASM

From a value/performance stand point the Triumph is the obvious choice. The updated suspension alone (albeit they use a bit more steel parts in it than the regular aftermarket Oehlins) is worth the money. Compared to the MV, the Triumph is the more evolved bike, both in reliability as well as technical specification.

Although both are triples, their engine character is different: The Triumph focuses more on low-end and mid-range whereas MV opted for a more high-revving triple.

What are you planning to use the bike for? Track? Street? If you are tracking it, bring enough spare parts. I certainly do not know where you are from but here in the South East, Triumphs are still somewhat rare whereas the MV is pretty much an exotic. If something happens to break, you are most likely done for the day/weekend as you probably won't find a spare part in the pits. If you ride mainly on the street, then the above doesn't matter as much.

At the end of the day, both bikes are great bikes....however...the Triumph currently is the more complete one...

Ciao, Andreas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode